“Real Country feel”

Country Hearth Inn
Country Hearth Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wharton
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I loved the Chalet or Cabin feel at the lobby and breakfast area. Also in the room which was more of a suite, had a nice column and arch dividing the bed from the living room area.
I also liked the glass containers for food which makes it taste fresher.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 February 2012

had no choice in the motel pick the cleaning staff is great very nice but the tv is outdated we don't get most of the cable channels, the manger was RUDE RUDE RUDE me and my husband are in a double room and they tod my husband he had to pay extra for me and my baby what are you serious thats why we have a double room

Room Tip: i hear the teepee motel is cute
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stay here everytime we come to Texas passing thru here, a total of four times so far. It is always very clean, has a pool, and close to Houston.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Gapeach83
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Smelled horrible! Smelled like mold. Stained our feet and sox. A/C blew cold "wet" air. Sheets were stained. I got a sore throat and burning nose from the smell.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We had been gone on vacation for over 3 weeks and this was our last night before getting home. I used an online site where you don't know your hotel until you pay for it. Never had a problem with any hotels using that until now. It seemed okay first walking in but looking at everything closer, it was not up to my standards as far as cleanliness. The sheets and towels were old and stained. The plastic bathmat to use in the shower so you won't slip was very discolored and the bottom looked black. No blankets. You had to use the bedspread as your blanket. Eww. From what I have read about hotels..most don't wash this everytime they change the sheets. The next morning I found a squished cockroach on the floor. Wifi seemed to work fine, the area seemed safe enough and it was fairly quiet. Can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't make it there. to the free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2010

This place is not fancy, but it's certainly not nasty. It is clean and well-maintained. Furnishings are in fine shape. Functioning wi-fi (which is what I'm using to write this review). Two bars of signal, but I have been able to stream on YouTube and have TweetDeck running. They were able to accommodate our need for adjoining rooms. Friendly service.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Over priced rooms, horrible beds...do they have maids? They must. On my 3rd night I returned to my room and noticed that one of my pillow cases was dirty, very dirty. It look like someone had blown their nose all over it. So, I took it down to the lobby and showed the owner. She informed me that she had a few guest that had ruined some of the linens. I asked why was it placed on my bed~ in my room. She informed that the maid thought that since someone had ruined the linens, they should have to sleep on them. Only that person wasn't me. I wouldn't waste my time or money staying at this dump. Holiday Inn express is Right around the corner....Spend the extra money.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Been to Country Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!