“Good Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wharton
London, United Kingdom
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Hotel is in convenient position just off highway but quiet with no highway noise. Rooms clean and well appointed. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Hot breakfast very good with a variety of different items each day.
There are several restaurants less than 5 minutes away.
The town of Wharton seems to consist of 'antique' shops and lawyers offices - not really worth visiting.
Hotel is great for an overnight stop on way to somewhere else as there is not much else in immediate vicinity

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UKtourist053
Robert G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff aswell as our housekkeping staff were helpful. They take pride in our Hotel cleanliness and will be happy to hear your positive comments about your room. Thanks again for staying with us and for being a Holiday Inn Express patron, we truley appreciate it.

Robert Garcia, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Portland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had been driving for hours and it was past midnight when we pulled into the hotel. I had been to no less than nine hotels on our trip up the east coast and this was the by far the best hotel we had stayed. Craig at the front desk was sympathetic, courteous, and a true gentleman. The hotel room was spotless. The bathroom was a luxury with granite counters and such a lovely tub. The room was large, beds were soft and the sheets were high quality. It had a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and coffee pot. The housekeeping staff was courteous. We slept like babies and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear Craig was able to take care of your needs and that you enjoyed your room. We do take pride in our room cleanliness and I will pass on your great comments to our housekeeping staff. Thanks again for your kind words and for staying with us.

Robert Garcia, General Manger
Cuero, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

This review may be a little late. We stayed here for two nights, the friday and saturday after Thanksgiving. There was a goup of us staying in Wharton for our son's wedding. The HIE was a very nice place. All the employees were friendly and very helpful. I am a priority club member and felt that they appreciated me. The continental breakfast was good. Great location on hwy. 59 with Walmart, Bucees, K-Bobs, and Whataburger all close by.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and as a priority club member, we truley appreciate it. I will pass along your kind words of our staff and remember, it is never to late to post a kind review. Thanks again for staying with us.

Robert Garcia, General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

This is where we stay when visiting family. The staff is always nice and wiling to help. Rooms a big and always clean. In Wharton there is not a lot to choose from and its nice to have a good comfortable one.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mariano O
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on a trip to visit relatives. I shared the room with 3 others. The room was very large - two queen beds as well as a loveseat and two chairs. A kitchenette was available, but we did not need to use it. The room was clean and the bathroom was nice. My only complaint about the hotel is the free breakfast. I have had much better food at other "express suite" type hotels. There was variety, but not much of it was good. They offered breakfast sausage and bacon, but it was all too greasy. They eggs were microwaved (except for the hardboiled ones). There was toast and yogurt that was good, and one day they had cinnamon rolls. Coffee and juice were available. As you can see, they did offer a lot of different things, but most of it was not appetizing. However, there are restaurants nearby, and for snacks, a Buc-ee's on a nearby corner. If I were going to Wharton again, I would stay here, but I would not count on the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Options in Wharton are limited. I booked this hotel because I had business at the hospital next door. My stay was comfortable. My room was clean and quiet, breakfast was typical of a free hotel breakfast, the staff was gracious and friendly. If I have to return to Wharton again, I would definately stay here. Plus, it is near Buc-ees, which is a must visit if you are in this part of the state.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip that brought me to Wharton. While it is clearly the best place to stay within Wharton, it is very overpriced for the area. I am a Priority Club Platinum, and on arrival, very nicely asked for a quiet room. I get to my room to find I was given a room on the first floor (not my preference) in between the pool, elevator, and fitness room - the NOISIEST room in the hotel. I went back to the check in desk to ask to change rooms, and had to wait at least 10 minutes for the front desk agent to come back to the desk. After much resistance, she changed my room. Not the way to treat your best customers I don't think.

Once I got to my room, it was very large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was just OK - I have had much better at other HIX locations.

This hotel has a lot of people working on the pipeline staying there at the moment, and as such, they seem to charge a higher rate that I would have expected. I have since had two other visits to the area, and have chosen to stay down the road in Rosenberg instead of in Wharton. There are many more restaurants and things to do in Rosenberg, and a much better selection of hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear heatherinPhilly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you enjoyed the spacious, clean and comfortable room during your stay. We want every guest to receive comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience during your check-in. I want to assure you this is not how we treat our Priority Club Platinum members. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wharton
Americas Best Value Inn Wharton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Rosenberg
Lonestar Inn
Lonestar Inn
#1 of 1 in El Campo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton? Share your experiences!