“Weekend getaway”

Ranked #2 of 2 Whitesboro B&B and Inns
Pilot Point, Texas
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The wife and I wanted time away from the kids. The room was very average and not the cleanest. I have seen worse but I was told new management and staff have been hired. I am willing to give it a second chance. The price was not bad at all.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank txusmc94
dixiedee, Front Office Manager at Whitesboro Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2016
Yes we have hired all new housekeeping and other staff. I had been out for a year due to medical issues but I am back now and will see to it that we will do whatever we can to make your stay great.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The room was dirty. There was a cigarette butt in the toliet and a coffee stir stick on the side of the bathtub. There was hair and dirt on the bathroom area floor. Bed was hard as a rock. The bedspread was thin with no extra blanket, but the sheet looked clean. Towels were super thin. There was a lot of noise from the highway. The hotel was cheap though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shelly S
I am sorry about your experience with your stay. I had been out for over a year due to medical problems but I am back now and will anything to make your stay great. I am very sorry about your room but new housekeeping staff have been hired and they are great.

Travellers are raving about these Whitesboro hotels

Louisa, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were there for 5 days. We came in off the road at 1:00 a.m. rang the buzzer and the clerk came to let us in. We were in our room in a matter of minutes. The beds were comfortable, room was clean. I didn't see any cobwebs or bugs anywhere. The cleaning ladies were very friendly and the desk clerk was helpful. The continental breakfast didn't have a lot of choice, but there are restaurants close enough that you can go get something better. For the price we were very very well pleased. It was quiet. There were some people with kids next door to us that had rollerblades on and made some noise, but that is to be expected with kids. They have to have something to do. I don't understand why there are bad reviews. We never had a bad experience at all. Everything was clean, we lacked nothing there. Pool was clean, carpet clean, everything worked fine. We had a fridge, microwave, hairdryer, iron and ironing board in the the room. Queen sized beds. I'd like you to go to other places around with all the amnities and see what you would pay. If you can even get in one of them. We were blessed to have found this place. Wifi worked great too and you don't have to have a password. We will stay there again if we ever go back to that area. The scenery was beautiful. We would recommend it. It's not the radison, but it is a very nice place with friendly helpful hardworking people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your very nice review!
Port Lavaca, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed for two nights while in the Lake Texoma area. The staff was helpful and polite. The room was spacious and clean. There was a mini -fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Free wifi. This is a one story building with doors opening to the parking lot. They accept pets for a $15 fee. Rate was $84 a night including taxes and pet fee. All in all, a fine place to stay in this area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your great review!
edgewood NM
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone!!! They would rather have the "trailer trash" living there then paying customers. I was attack by their dog coming out of my room and was told that my "service dog" started it even though he was doing what he was trained to do...protecting me!
The employee at the counter was rude and was not understanding and said that we started it.....I mean I was jumped by the white trash dog and mine was doing his job.....so please do not stay here and tell everyone you know to do the same.

Room Tip: never stay here and look elsewhere for a better place to stay
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
dixiedee, Front Office Manager at Whitesboro Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2015
I have written this before but I will do so again. This couple who claimed that their so called service dog was attacked by a dog who was staying at the motel are so totally wrong. First of all, a service dog should never attack so why did the owner have to punch his service dog in the head to get him off of the other dog? and the other dog suffered a huge bite in her neck and had to have stitches. the motel dog only wanted to say hi to the couple, not get bit by a dog who yes is trained, but as an attack dog, not a service dog!
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2013

It was a fair hotel at reasonable rates (for the week). The bedspread had a couple of cigarette burns in it, but they kept the room clean and supplied with fresh towels and coffee.
The continental breakfast consisted of a few sweet rolls, bagels, coffee and orange drink (not juice), thus we opted to go out for breakfast every day. Fortunately, there is a Dairy Queen and the Meat Market with cooked-to-order breakfasts not far away. McDonalds is also nearby if you like their breakfasts.
Although right at U.S. Hwy 82 and our room being closest to the highway, there was no disturbing road noise at night. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review. The bed spreads have all been replaced!
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Not only do they have the thinnest, tinest bath towels; this motel also provides one tiny bath soap: 1 inch by 2 inch. I felt like I was in a Barbie House. My husband counted 18 cigarette burns on the thin worn bedspread that had to be twenty years old. The owners of this motel could raise their reviews considerably by increasing the quality of their towels, soaps and bedspreads. I think they are a little overpriced for what you receive. We did however feel fairly safe and we slept well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We have re[laced the bedspreads and have gotten new towels. Unfortunately we cant afford the really thick towels but they are better. I would recommend that if you stay here again you ask for extra towels when checking in.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitesboro
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to Whitesboro Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!