“Awesome food, great service and reasonable prices”
Review of Mel's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Mel's Steakhouse
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: www.lakewhitneyrestaurants.com
Description: www.lakewhitneyrestaurants.com
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Steaks melted in your mouth ! Salad bar was fresh and plentiful. Kids meals were also good. Make sure you try the fried banana dessert, it is out of this world !! We didn't eat the buffet on Friday night but heard it was really good. I highly recommend this steakhouse even if you aren't staying at Arrowhead resort. It's only open on Friday and Saturday nights but it is worth the trip !!

Reviewed 2 March 2013

We had dinner at Mel's for the first time this evening. We started with the sampler plate of appetizers which was extremely good. It would have been nice to have some blue cheese or a horseradish type dip for some of the items but the ranch dressing and cocktail sauce were good.

Both of us ordered steaks, a ribeye and a tenderloin. Both were cooked slightly less than done enough to our perfection but neither was far enough off the mark to send back. I loved the salad bar so that I could make a salad the way I like it. There were spinach leaves available and a great variety of other items. Also a great variety of salad dressings.

Can't say about dessert yet. We were *way* too full eat dessert but they all sounded tempting.

Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Wonderful view of Lake Whitney, Texas with attention to a fresh salad bar and consistent great food! My family and I have had dinner both Friday and Saturday nights at Mel's and we keep coming back for the great food and service and did I mention the view!! At times there may be a short wait ( no more than 10 minutes) because of local popularity of Mel's but the wait is well worth it and Mel's has a cute gift shop you may enjoy before being seated. In closing I have to mention the homemade soups are the best I have ever tasted!! The soup alone will make you a regular at this great Lakeside stop!! Keep up the great work Mel, spots like yours are hard to find!

1  Thank JCtaco
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I live in New York City so I get to eat at every type of restaurant you can imagine, but when I am fortunate enough to have an opportunity for a mental holiday, I come to Texas for R&R at Arrowhead Resort and a home-cooked meal at Mel's Steakhouse. The buffet has everything.... chicken, pork chops, fried catfish, shrimp. Tonight she put the best baked potato soup I think I've ever had. The salad bar was complete and even had 5 varieties of low fat dressings in addition to the regular dressing which I'm told is made right on site. Even more amazing, even though I only make it here when I travel through this part of Texas, they always remember my name. Even the locals remember me. One day I will move back to Texas and when I do, Mel's Steakhouse will be in my weekly list. I like this place THAT much.

1  Thank TexKeystone
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The food at Mel's is sometimes good, and sometimes not. Not really what you'd expect at a "Steakhouse," and I'd skip their Friday "buffet."

2  Thank JoeKent