“Find somewhere else...”
Review of Colorado Street Grill - CLOSED

Colorado Street Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

We take weekend trips to Whitney several times a year. We decided to try this place after driving by. There was one server working in the entire restaurant resulting in very slow service. The atmosphere was ok but the food was not very good and terribly overpriced. Try Tres Hermanos for Mexican food or the cafe South of here for American food. No need to waste your time or money here.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Restaurant was reopened last June under new ownership.The interior is really nice and lends itself to a relaxing meal. Today my husband (who loves Chicken Fried Steak) and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch. I had the chicken salad and found it very good and fresh. My husband had a Chicken Fried Steak and said it was the best one he had had in a long time. The meat was very tender and the vegetables were wonderful. Would definitely recommend and we will be going back again.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Colorado Street Grill was closed for over a year and recently reopened with a new owner. Unfortunately, the new owner is still using the same old menu and the quality of the food has not improved. The "seasonal vegetables" served with most entrees is the same old squash, zucchini, blah stuff the Grill has always served. I had the "Chopped Steak" recently and it was seared on the outside and raw on the inside. I'd suggest a new cook is in order.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Menu is one of the better in Whitney, and prices are reasonable. It is a BYOB establishment, which allows wine and beer as good as you can afford.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

We tried it twice recently after it re-opened, hoping for great. To be fair, they lost their chef, and then the second time we discovered that two waiters were alternating nights as the chef. Not a big problem, but my Chicken Picatta (in lemon-wine sauce) came out as Chicken-Fried Chicken very crusty and dry with capers on top with lemon as a garnish, no sauce. Didnt complain because we had waited so long for it. My wife's rice wasnt cooked properly and was hard and salty. Paid the check and later looked at it (I should have while there). They charged us $1.50 to split a $2.50 side salad, and each of us got a) one piece of lettuce, b) a slice of tomato, and c) a spash of french vinnagrette dressing! We were also charged $2 for the use of their 2 wine glasses (it is byob)! SERIOUSLY? Hopefully they will get their act together before they run everyone off. The decor is beautiful and the location has so much potential.