I will start with the good points first:
1. Good size condo for a fam of four as the sofa is nor a sofa bed unless u bring an airbed. Though is looks like with sofa bed/air bed it can comfortably fit 6-8 people.
2. Decors are Texas country style and nice! Not too fancy!
3. The aircon and fans in all rooms are enough to beat the Texas summer heat!
4. Enough linens and pillows for additonal 2 airbeds (as the sofa is not a sofa bed).
Now on to the negative points:
1. Stayed one week as an interval owner, paying $450/ annual maintenance fee and $140/ wk fee for the stay and was surprised that for one week's stay, they do not do a midweek linen exchange nor a clean up service ( to do so will charge you for a fee).
2. Not to mention that their pool use does not provide you even with pool towel. So being your beach towels as white towels in condo is only for 6 peeps.
3. Most interval/timeshare we had provides for utensils for 8 people. This provides for 6 and the kitchen is not fully stocked. The electric can opener is not working, there are no grills/ pans for baking or broiling in oven. The knives set is not complete as well as the cutlery set.
As to the facilities, the pool and health center is nice! I travelled with kids and my mom and they accommodated my request for a 1st floor condo.
However, when we went for dinner at The Lighthouse that weekend, the service was so horrible!
When you make reservations, you usually leave a message and they are supposed to call you back. At 430 pm, I called the third time and luckily, somebody answered and I was able to confirm my reservation though when I asked to have my reservation moved from 7 pm to 730, the lady in the other line asked if 8 pm was ok. And I said yes. When we arrived, they said my reservation was at 7. And there was confusion but they accommodated us still (the restaurant was not full that time). However, Service was so slow as our soup arrived 30 mins later, the pasta 40 mins later and the tilapia (50 mins later). My daughter's kids meal arrived 35 mins later too. Getting the bill took 20 min (as the servers are nowhere to be found- they are in the kitchen most of the time, or they walk and not look around). Then again, getting somebody's attention took another 10 mins to give our payment. The place was not crowded though. This is not our first time to come here (we are property owners) and spent several times here but it seems the service is not becoming par to their claim as a fine, classy dining place. Prices for entree is fr $15-30 FYI.
I hope management will look into this. We have come back several times here and will look forward to more visits in the future as well as the other properties too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Bluff Resort is perched atop Lake Whitney, located 90 minutes south of Dallas, Texas. White Bluff Resort is a master-planned residential community that has something for everyone, including deluxe accommodations, upscale and casual dining, two championship golf courses, fitness center, private marina, conference center, swimming pools, tennis courts, fishing lakes, real estate opportunities and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your White Bluff Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Bluff Hotel Whitney
- White Bluff Resort Whitney, Texas