“Alright”

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Birmingham, Alabama
“Alright”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

The stay here was pretty nice the people were very friendly and every morning they had something different for breakfast and the mall and movies aren't far from here at all so its in a very convenient spot

• Stayed July 2013
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear silliemacwillie,

Thank you for staying at the Lexington Suites in July 2013.
The staff and I always appreciate the feedback from our guests and we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am looking forward to your next stay with us.

In the spirit of Hospitality,
Heike Misner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here on our return to Houston from our annual Canada vacation and never again. Took forever to get checked in and then we were in building B. Got to the room and had no water. Called the front desk and got the water on. After 11 hours on the road my wife stripped to take a bath and now could not get any cold water only scalding. So started to bucket cool water from the sink in and had the idea to go get some ice from the machine on the second floor. Well the ice machine didn't work either. As for the room, it is old and the carpet is well stained. There is a musty smell which they tired to cover up with some kind of air freshener. The "high speed" internet is anything but in building "B" even when I used the hardwired LAN rather than fight the WiFi. Glad we were here for only one night and certainly won't be back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear John Cypress,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay here at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls.
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize about the inconveniences you experienced.
There is no excuse about the hot water situation, we have looked into this matter and discovered that the valve for the cold water was not turned all the way from repairs prior to your arrival.
We just recently had a major Internet Service upgrade and installed several new Hot Spots in each building and floor, after reading your review I called our Service Provider and have found out the following: As they finalized everything they accidentally had the speed mixed up, meaning the guest side was much slower that our admin side. I had the technicians at the property and they corrected their mistake.
Please consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Wichita Falls and feel free to contact me directly at 940-692-7900 for your reservation.

In the spirit of Hospitality,

Travellers are raving about these Wichita Falls hotels

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We found ourselves needing to stay the night in Wichita Falls last night. We were directed to Lexington. Can I just say, from the minute we walked in, we were treated like royalty. Bree was at the front desk. It was late. We were tired and cranky. She went above any expectation we had! Cheerful, helpful, amazing. She met our every need and more.
The room was clean, cool and we slept well. Breakfast was ok. Yes, free full breakfast, but kind of bland seasoning wise. But really, I understand you can't season for every taste. All in all, I would recommend it to anyone.
Thank you Haika for hearing us tell you about our excellent experience , and thank you Bree!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Debi J.,

I want to thank you for your great review and am very happy that I got the opportunity to meet with you and your husband in person.
The Front Desk staff undergoes intensive training regarding Guest Service and going above and beyond our guests needs and wishes.
Hospitality is not just a word to us, it is something we live by each and every day.
I am sorry that our Breakfast wasn't seasoned to your likes but we try to accommodate each guests taste equally and don't want to over or under season our breakfast items.
Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you on your next visit to Wichita Falls, Texas.

Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had no problems. The the staff was friendly and the hotel looked clean. I gave it an average review because the hotel could use some updates. The couch had a stain on it, the carpet trim is coming up and the toilet was loose (not the lid, the whole toilet). But the bed was fine, the bathroom was clean, so I will be staying again. Just wish they would update the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Andy H.,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me on Tripadvisor.
Here at the Lexington Suites we are always happy to read great reviews such as yours.
The staff and myself strive every day to ensure that every guests requests and needs are met.
I do agree that the Hotel is in need of updates as it is a older building built in 1999. We have placed a work order to replace the carpeting as well as other great improvements.
Please let me apologize about the loose toilet, immediately after reading your review we had the toilet fixed.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again to our property.

Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Just needed a place for one night and this place was certainly adequate. But the room was hot ... Toilet wasn't clean .... Fold out couch was broken ... And needed some clean towels. The one person working the desk was very nice and attentive but it appears that whomever is managing this place doesn't really care. On the plus side - room was very large and slept our family of five without feeling cramped. And the price was right.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Joe C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor.
We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.
I addressed the cleanliness of the toilet to the Housekeeping staff to avoid this from happening again and repaired the broken fold out couch in your room,.
I am sorry to hear that the room wasn't cool enough for you, some of our A/C Units in the guestrooms need a little time to cool our large rooms down.
We constantly service and replace our Units and some rooms do have units sometimes have trouble cooling rooms down due to the Texas heat we are experiencing.
We take great pride in providing excellent service at affordable prices and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am looking forward to your next stay with us.

Spring Church
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here on our way to Abilene and found it to be a very clean and quiet hotel. Plenty of
towels and pillows, very comfy beds. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely
stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kathryn R,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.
I always appreciate the feedback from our guests and have shared your review with the staff. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This place is a total dump! Staff is nice but the quality of the room is not worth the $60. If i would've known this hotel was so ugly and dingy I would've never paid that amount. This room is more like a $30 a night hotel. Towels are filthy and dingy as are the sheets. carpet is stained and dirty and the hallways reek of extermination chemicals. I would've gladly paid $25 more and stayed at the Hampton. I would'nt recommend this place to anyone. My recommendation is Go down the street and pay a little more cus this place is gross!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Pedro L,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize about your unpleasant stay with us.
We are constantly working on improvements and upgrades on our Hotel.
We are working on getting the hallway carpeting replaced and have also replaced the old towels with new high quality thread count towels.
The extermination smell you noticed was more than likely from the deep cleaning and spot treatment we perform to clean our carpets and must have not evaporated completely by the time you checked in and I do apologize about that .
Pedro L, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with me and for the higher rating you gave us on the location and service provided to you.
I sincerely hope you consider giving us another chance in the future.