“great staff”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Fort Worth, Texas
“great staff”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

next to a clean room and a comfortable bed, a great staff makes the hotel. appreciated the pleasantness and hospitality of front desk and housekeeping making sure we had whatever we needed. great customer service!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Qunicy J,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.
We hope to see you soon at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Heike Misner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We were happy to find a nice clean room that welcomed our rat terrier.The man at the front desk was very nice and helpful there is also a little fenced in area in back for you're dog to use,it's not the Ritz but its very accommodating for people traveling with pets,we would stay here again

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Mawde61,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our dog run.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am hoping to welcome you again here at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas/

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Room was spacious, clean, comfortable and everything worked well. Breakfast was as good as any I have had for free. Not the Ritz Carlton but I would definitely stay here again. The only negative that I could see was they need to replace the carpet.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear REOsborn,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Since your last stay with us we just finished replacing the carpeting in the hallways and we are looking forward to your next stay with us,.

Coahoma, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel was easy to find, and location was in close proximity to shopping and restaraunts. Check in was easy - BUT they had us staying in the seperate building across the parking lot from the main hotel, which was odd. The building wasn't far away but it wasn't what we expected since we didn't even know there was a seperate building on the property. The carpets in the hallway were worn so badly that they were completely white in spots (carpet was maroon), and it looked like the building had been neglected to some extent. The room was large and open but in need of some minor cosmetic maintenance. However, the beds were pretty comfortable and we did get a good night's sleep. Luckily we only stayed one night and didn't spend much time in the room. The full breakfast the next morning (at the main part of the hotel) was very good and had a nice variety, and the waitstaff were extremely polite and friendly. We might stay there again if passing through but would request a room in the main portion of the hotel as it was much more updated and seemed to be the better of the accomadations..

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Kelly S,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your review about your stay with me.
I am excited to inform you that we recently just replaced the hallway carpeting in both buildings and I hope you like it as much as we do.
I do apologize that you had to stay in our secondary building. Due to the design of the Hotel certain Room types are only available in the building you have stayed in. Please do give us a call when you make your next reservation and we will be more than happy to assign you to a room in the main building.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to your next stay here at the Lexington Suites.

Petaluma, California
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have stayed here before, but this time I noticed that the carpets in the hallways were shabby and worn, and the breakfast had less variety than previously. I spoke to the front desk about the coffee being truly awful, and was told they couldn't do anything about it, as it was a corporate matter. Good value, but I guess you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear CCAnnie66,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay here at the Lexington Suites.
The feedback of my guests is very important to me as it lets me know where we excel and where we may need improvement to maintain our high standards.
I do agree with you that the carpet in the hallways needed to be replaced and I am very happy to let you know that we have just completed replacing the carpeting in both buildings and will take your comment about the coffee into consideration when we switch the brand of the coffee.
Once again, I do apologize about the taste of the coffee and hope that we can be of service to you in the future,

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was recommended to us because we were traveling with our dogs. The room was very spacious, which was nice. I liked the room set-up. The bed even looked great. It was not until the end of our very tiring day that we discovered we had a ROCK to sleep on! This bed was by far the hardest thing I have ever slept on! I have slept on better bed in a LaQuinta. I will never stay here AGAIN and suggest that if you want a good nights sleep that you skip this place. It ruined our trip because we were so cranky the next day from lack of sleep!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ChrisAlex76116,

Thank you for sharing your review with me about your recent stay.
I am very happy to read that you liked the set up of the room you occupied.
We take pride in providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices and again., I do appreciate your willingness to let me know about the uncomfortable mattress so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.
I am hoping to welcome you again here at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.

Travellers are raving about these Wichita Falls hotels

Palestine, TX
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Pros: Large comfortable suite. Quiet. Nice, hot, complimentary breakfast.

Cons: Apparently understaffed. There was not a TV remote in the room. Called front desk and was told to come to front desk to get one. I did, found people in line to check in. Waited my turn and clerk gave me a new remote and two batteries (AAA). When I got to room and unboxed the remote, found that it needed AA batteries. Called the desk, clerk told me to return to the desk. Again waited my turn, got batteries which were not packaged, returned to room but the batteries were bad. I just did without a remote and manually controled the TV.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Dmattx,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the trouble you experienced while trying to watch TV. I will address this issue with the Front Desk Staff to ensure this won't happen again in the future.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our selection of Breakfast Items and the comfort and quietness of the room.
I would be very happy to welcome you again on your next visit to Wichita Falls.