“Impressive Courtyard”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Odessa, Texas
“Impressive Courtyard”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I am a Marriott Rewards member and my free night was about to expire so I chose to stay at Courtyard since I never been to one before. We spent the day at Wichita Falls and checked in around 4pm. The staff was friendly and courteous, even upgraded our room for free. The room was clean, spacious, modern, so was the bathroom. The beds were soft and cozy provided for a great night of sleep. The hotel has an on site Starbucks, food bistro and a bar on site which is a plus. Hotel even includes an indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center and outdoor patio. I recommend this hotel for it's affordable luxury for your Wichita Falls getaway or free night stay! It's also located within walking distance to restaurants and shopping, close to the Kell Freeway (US 277-82). The only con is no free coffee or breakfast, apparently the Courtyard chain is more targeted towards business stays.

Room Tip: Higher floor suites are spacious, quieter, less hallway traffic.
Green Features: Leave a towel on the floor, they assume it is used and will wash them, otherwise towels remain on sink or holder.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here only because I am a Marriott Rewards member and had to redeem my free night so I chose to stay at Courtyard since I never stayed at one before. We spent the day at Wichita Falls and checked in at 4pm. The staff was courteous and friendly, even gave us a complimentary upgrade to a suite! The beds were soft and cozy, made for an excellent night of sleep, room was clean and modern. This hotel is a bit pricey but affordable for a Wichita Falls getaway! Also there is a bar, food bistro and Starbucks on site which is a plus! Recommend it for a free night, only con is no free breakfast, apparently the Courtyard chain is targeted more for business stays.

Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hotel was under construction. The hotel is across from beer distributor and this is the view from all of the rooms on the rooms at the front of the hotel. The back rooms face the freeway. I have stayed at other Marriott Courtyard hotels that were much more acceptable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were on a road trip and needed a place for the night. They had a room. We took it. It was quiet and clean. We like the electrical by both sides of the bed. They have a small bar area that is open, I think, until 10 and they can make you some food too. Or, Jack In The Box is nearby as are several other places to grab a bite. Our room faced North (the highway). This hotel also has exceptional black-out curtains. I would happily stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good - but we always ask for a high floor away from elevator and ice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I surprised my girlfriend with roses, wine, rose petals all over she loved it. I got the suite with a jacuzzi, she was impressed. She looked at me to say thanks honey and she casually looked up and the ceiling had 3 or 4 areas that had caulking or something covering up water damage. It looked really bad. We let that go and decided to get in the jacuzzi, well the water was hot but the jets didn't work.... Really? Strike 2... So we got out and were drying off all of a sudden we hear the most awful bass coming from the back parking lot. Looked out the window and there were these three guys n 2 ladies in the parking lot partying with the car stereo so loud it was rattling our windows. Needless to say, that was the third strike and the mood was ruined...this was a very expensive room but we would have been better off at a motel 6... We drove all day from Houston and was too tired to even complain, we just went to sleep.

Room Tip: When first looking at the place it looks great just be careful of what is really inside.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tina P
AMcDaniel2013, Manager at Courtyard Wichita Falls, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Ms. Tina,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Wichita Falls.

You indicated in your response that your over night accomodations was unsatisfactory. Courtyard Wichita Falls prides itself for top customer service we did not live up to own standards. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Alana McDaniel
Sales Manager
Courtyard Wichita Falls
Alana.mcdaniel@hhmlp.com
940.696.0010
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife & I stayed here for a short week-end getaway. Very nice room, quiet, reasonable price. Would stay again. Didn't try the Bistro, so can't rate that. Beautiful patio & business area. Across from a WalMart & near fast foods. Easy access.

Green Features: Available to use, if desired. We weren't there long enough to utilize.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lewsiville,Tx
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you are coming through WF, this is the only place to stay.This property is great for business travel. The room had everything needed, and the bed was super comfortable. I can see why the linens are advertised for sale. The lobby and bistro are really nice- has the feel of a much more expensive hotel.I try most business chains, and this will go to my favorites list. It is also close to shopping,restaurants, and close to the highway, very convenient.

Room Tip: I was on 4th floor, no problems.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CYWichitaFalls, General Manager at Courtyard Wichita Falls, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Next time bring some rain with you! We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Wichita Falls!