“Good, as usual”
Review of The Jalapeno Tree - CLOSED

The Jalapeno Tree
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We are fans of this small chain and are sad that a number have closed. When driving through Wichita Falls, a sign told us the Jalapeño Tree was ahead, so we changed our plans & lunched there. What a welcome treat.

The food, as always was good. The chips crisp and the two sauces for them are great accompaniments. I had a chimichanga with the lime tequila sauce and was transported to previous other similar meals at the Tree. My husband went with a fajita salad and was pleased.

So glad to have taste of good food before heading out on a 3 month trip to northern states. Ole!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Stopped by this place to give it a try. wait staff was friendly. but the food was just sub par more on course of a fast food place. I'm sure they have some good food just not what we liked

Reviewed 16 August 2016

This is the worst Mexican food restaurant in Wichita Falls. I tried to give it multiple chances to no avail. The food was lousy, the service was lousier and their management has no clue. We went in there on multiple occasions where we had to wait over 20 minutes when the restaurant was half empty. We were told they didn't want to back the kitchen up? REALLY? why not seat us and let us order drinks? Then when we did get food, the chili relleno was burnt. Our sever said that it exploded in the fryer, but didn't offered to get me another one. Like I said if this happened once, I would try again. But it was multiple times so I am done.

1  Thank cheptner
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We eat here a lot. It's affordable, for a family of 5, and the waitstaff have always been friendly. There's several options, and it's free to sub the rice and beans for any side on the menu.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I thought the food was good. The food was good and the staff was friendly. The food was moderately priced. We fed a family of 6 for $65. For a sit down restaurant that's not bad. The lunch specials were available all day. Rice, beans, and tortillas were authentic.