“Nice sized room for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel and size of the rooms along with the beds were nice and were a great value for the money. The other furnishings were a little outdated and the main floor had an odd smell to it but overall it was a nice stay and I'd stay here again due to value.

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel looked nice. My only main complaint is that even though I showed up 2hrs early for check in and am a platinum reward member they were unable to get us in a room, so we had to wait in the car for over two hours for our room to be cleaned. The other major thing was that the wall near our couch had black mold, because obviously the shower has a leak in the wall. Then the couch had a nasty stain near the edge of the cushion. (Just imagine what that could be from) needless to say I didn't sit on the couch. The last thing I noticed, but wasn't a big deal because no one was put in that room was the room next to us had a door lock that looked like the police busted it in. Other than that, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was acceptable, the room was roomy, and the bed was comfortable. I will post pictures.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
david s, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

I am sorry about your past stay
we are under new manager and have updated the whole hotel please try us again

Reviewed 8 January 2014

After 9 hours of driving from NOLA back to Colorado Springs, we stopped here for the night. We got an awesome deal (last minute) in a wonderfully big room. The bed and the pillows were so comfortable we didn't even need to bring in our own (unheard of for us!). The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. There was a slight odor, but what do you expect for a place that has smoking and pet rooms? I slept like a baby.
The breakfast was laughable tho, so we just decided to hop over to Denny's right across the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Reservation was made via Choice Privileges 800 number about an hour before arrival. I specifically asked for a room that was away from the main entrance as we are traveling with our dogs and strange noises puts them on alert and they bark. The room we were given and told it was the only one available for us was directly across from the main entrance to the lobby, check in desk and breakfast area. When I turned down the bed, the sheets had stains of unknown origin and pubic hairs on them. I went to the front desk and asked for fresh sheets for the bed. I was given clean sheets and my husband and I changed the sheets. The duvet had mascara smeared on it and we also asked for a clean one. We were told "the duvets don't leave the room." Since there's no place in the room to wash and dry them, one can only assume that there are many different DNA samples on them. We removed it from the bed and asked for a regular blanket. There were hairs in the bathtub and the shower walls as well as a buildup of various hair and particles where the toilet seat is screwed to the toilet. There was also a chunk of feces stuck to the inside of the toilet bowl. The carpet in the room had lint of all kinds stuck to it so it has been awhile since any vacuum has been in the room. Since we were told that this was the only room available to us and we had already unloaded the car and were exhausted, we stayed. The front desk man was totally unconcerned with our problems. The noise throughout the night of people checking in, slamming doors, loud talking at the check in desk kept me up most of the night trying to keep the dogs quiet so as not to disturb other guests. I have taken pictures and will be sending them to the Corporate Offices (as if they care). I have not approached the new front desk person to check out and ask him for written verification that we had to get clean bedding for our room. In the breakfast room he rudely cut in front of me while I had a hot cup of tea, so I'm thinking I'll be getting nowhere with him. I have already posted on their facebook page.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pameliacora

I am sorry about your past stay
we are under new manager and have updated the whole hotel please try us again

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in November. It was clean, the bed was comfortable , and we slept well. There is a refrig and microwave in the room. The breakfast area was a little cramped, but not too bad. My only complaint was that housekeeping overlooked us one day, so room never got made up that day. Luckily, the towels were initially set up for 4 and as there were only 2 of us in the room, we had a spare set. Still, trash did not get emptied and bed not made. We were gone that day from 10 AM - 10 PM so were too tired to say anything upon our return. Housekeeping just needs a little QC process to ensure no rooms are missed!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was in Wichita Falls visiting my boyfriend in Tech School at Sheppard AFB. The best thing about this location was how easy it was to find (just off of the highway) and how close it was to the base (6 minutes or less by car). I got a great rate on choicehotels.com, which is why my stay was better than I expected. The furniture, appliances and fixtures were a little old and could stand to be replaced, but everything worked, the tv was new and had plenty of channel options to choose from and the room was clean overall. The shower in the first room I was given didn't work properly, but the front desk gave me another room two doors down with no problem at all. If I had to site one negative, it was that my key didn't work in the side entrance near my room so I had to walk around to the main entrance to get new keys. This happened about 4 times. It wasn't enough to dissuade me from staying at this location, however, as I will be staying again in 3 weeks. Nate and the front desk staff were very accommodating and hospitable. Definitely a good bang for my buck.

Room Tip: Suites are the only rooms guaranteed to have a microwave. I was told by the front desk to ask for a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here for a week while waiting to close on a house. The hotel has a very musty/smokey smell, we were planning on staying another week, but changed hotels, just couldn't take it. (You get this smell through the a/c unit as well) Day time staff at desk is friendly, not so much the evening girls.

Wifi is solid and quick & the beds are comfortable! The water gets hot in the shower & has decent water pressure, but the shower was grimy. I don't think the floors had been mopped in months, dirt build up in corners.

Breakfast never changed: biscuits/gravy, waffles, toast, cereal, pastries, very ripe bananas & yogurt. The dining area is way too small, you can hardly move around to get the food when people are eating. The morning breakfast attended always seemed mad when I grabbed a few extra cups! Hello, housekeeping never replaced ours.

Housekeeping never checked on us, each day I had to change garbage & go to desk to ask for bags/toiletries. After 4 days, I called the front desk at 11:10am to ask for housekeeping to do turndown service & was told they were gone! 7 days & no one ever replished towels/sheets/freshen up room.

Moving to this area, I will never recommended any visitors to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family