“Great food and atmosphere”

Opa's Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #15 of 225 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Grapevine, Texas
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I visited some friends and we all came here for dinner. The food was great even for two picky eaters. The portions were large, so you may want to share a plate in order to have room for dessert (or just take some food home to reheat). The people who got beer said it was good.

The waitress was very understanding of our questions about the food since most of the table hadn't eaten German food before.

The atmosphere was nice if you're okay with it being a little cheesy (think - themed restaurant). They had what I presume to be German music playing. There were colorful stained glass windows.

There was no wait to get seated. They had outdoor seating as well.

I would go back here again if I lived in town or was visiting.

• Visited May 2014

Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great Expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Opas in Wichita Falls was a disappointment. Went to lunch with my dad recently and were expecting German food. Schnitzel was cooed fine but was wanting a lemon butter sauce and the hot German potato salad was not like any I've ever eaten. maybe I hadn't been to that particular region. Guess I was expecting German music and atmosphere, so may try again on a Fri. OrSat. Night.

• Visited May 2014
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Authentic German Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

While the choices for food are somewhat limited, the atmosphere and cuisine are fairly authentic for an "Americanized" German restaurant. The servers are friendly and the seating is adequate. It's a fast and easy place to get a dinner and relax with friends.

Visited December 2013
“Great authentic German food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Lovely atmosphere, family run and German beer on tap. Makes me feel like I'm back there. This is the only place in town that I look forward to when I have to come out here.

• Visited October 2013
HUMBLE
“Fantastic german food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

What an amazing dinner I had with my wife last night. Truly home cooking at its best. The sauerkraut was just right, not to tangy. The red cabbage was so light and not overbearing. The menu is simple and has great combinations to chose from as to allow you to sample a couple different styles of schnitzel. I recommend making sure you add the smoked pork chop.

• Visited February 2014