“Very clean”

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
“Very clean”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on the last evening of a very long road trip. We were very pleased with how clean the room was and how pleasant the employees were. Overall, we would definitely stay here again if ever back in witchita falls.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMofCWS, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. We were happy to have you as our guest! I hope that next time you stay with us we will be able to impress you even more to be deserving of a 5 star review!

Assistant General Manager & Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Love the layout of the bedroom, the kitchen, bathroom, two closets, microwave, refrigerator, ice maker, stove, dishwasher.... tons of electrical outlets... anytime I need to stay somewhere if I can find one like this, I will choose it! The pantry/food store, laundry, gym, all extra wonderful amenities! GREAT for a small family. The only down sides - slight smell in the hallway and the air conditioning only in the living room meant that it was very cold there, even with turning on the bedroom passthrough fan full blast, still got warm in the bedroom. Internet connection sometimes faulted. Other than those items - awesome!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It looks like you really enjoyed our One Bedroom Suite! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed all of our unique amenities. Wichita Falls Candlewood Suites Core Value #4: "Put a smile on the customer's experience!"

I acknowledge your experience with the slight smell in the hallway. I will work with housekeeping to do better in this area. Note taken about the air conditioning. Thank you for your constructive criticism.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for a month in April. The staff was always friendly and the Director of Sales, Sandy Andonian, is always there for you when you need her. The hotel and outside areas were always clean. This is the most affordable place in town if your looking for a one bedroom suite. It has a decent sized kitchen, with a full size fridge and two electric burners, but no oven. There is also a propane grille outside. Overall I was very satisfied with my stay and will stay there again If I have the chance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the building, away from the interstate are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hey Anthony,

We miss you already! I hope you and your wife are doing well. Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, and I will make sure to pass this onto my team. I hope to see you again next time you are working out at Sheppard Air Force Base.

With Heart,
Desoto, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel. The location was easy to find. The landscaping/appearance of the property was held to high standards. The lobby was cozy with free dvd rentals for the dvd player in the rooms. The "pantry" was great. It was supplied with all kinds of treats at VERY affordable pricing!...pocket change can actually buy you several treats! The washer and dryer were free (and clean)...and the detergent was well priced too! The workout room had ample equipment. The rooms were nice sized. The tv's were a bit on the small side, but the kitchen was 'well supplied'! --even a laundry basket! They are a very 'pet' friendly hotel, with even a 'pet' area to let your dog out...and 'poop' bags are supplied. Free wi-fi. This hotel is a great deal! If you are military...they even have military discounts! Will definitely stay here again....and look for Candlewood's in other cities I travel too, whether on personal or business! The only thing this hotel lacked, was a pool. But, since the entire city is on water restriction...lots of pools are closed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi Gretchen,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Even though we are in a water restriction right now, we are working extra hard to do our best to keep the landscaping looking as great as possible. Thank you for noticing! Wichita Falls Candlewood Suites Core Value #2: "Sweat the Small Stuff!"

Thank you for all of your kind words! I will pass this along to my team. They sure do work hard around here!

Brookston
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is a must stay if I ever come through here again. Front desk staff, very friendly and courteous. This hotel offers a lot of amenities, that I have not seen in hotels for years. Being the traveler I am, I normally look for an extended stay hotel. This is the best I have seen as far as being maintained. If we start with the room, it is very clean, really comfortable pillow top beds, down comforters and really comfortable pillows. It is furnished with full size refrigerator, microwave, stovetop and dishwasher. They have complimented these rooms with plenty of dishes, pots, pans, silverware, Tupperware, coffee maker, toaster and even a laundry basket. Topped off with complimentary popcorn and coffee, paper towel, dish soap and soap for the dishwasher. (these items you normally have to furnish yourself) This hotel also has a pantry to buy snacks, soda and frozen meals. The fantastic thing about this, is when you get hungry, you can go downstairs and purchase something to eat, by dropping cash in the box (Honor System) or by completing a paper and having it charged to your room. What a wonderful idea! After being on the road all day, not wanting to get back into the vehicle to go eat, my sister and I went down to the pantry and purchased 2 TV dinners, chips and sodas and were all set for the night. Again, what a great idea! Only one dislike, I could mention regarding this hotel is when we would leave our room in the evening, the hallway on the 3rd floor, smelled like a wet dog. Didn't say anything, because honestly, I didn't know if a wet dog had just been through there. I didn't notice it much that following morning.. Other than this incident, great place, really clean, would stay there again.. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMofCWS, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am blown away at your review of our property. Thank you for your genuine & kind words. We take great pride in everything that you mentioned. Our mission is "to provide a heartwarming lodging experience by authentically serving our guest with the comforts of home and the connection of family." I'm pleased we were able to do this for you. We look forward to greeting you again next time you are in Wichita Falls!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My company has been staying with them for over two months now. I have not had a single issue. They constantly bend over backwards to accommodate our needs and make our employees always feel at home. The staff is always so friendly and helpful. I have been working with the sales director and have continued to get excellent service. We recently started a project in a different location and she was able to get us in contact with the right people to make our transition to the new location effortlessly. I cant say enough wonderful things about the Candlewood Suites-Wichita, The rooms are clean, the service is above and beyond I would definitely recommend them over and over again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JMM1189
GMofCWS, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hello!

Thank you SO much for the great review! We really did enjoy taking care of your team while you were working in the area. Hopefully we can work together in the future! Stay in touch!

Director of Sales
Hamilton
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had booked a queen suite but got bumped to a king suite. Boo Hoo it was so hard to take!! The suite was super great and very clean. This is more of an efficiently apartment than a hotel room. I think I remember a laundry basket in the closet. The iron and ironing board were in there. The kitchen area was complete with dishes and utensils. There was a stove and dishwasher, coffee maker and microwave, large frig. The island table doubled as a work station and eating area.The room was large. The bed was comfy. The bathroom was well lit and everything worked as was supposed to. There's a recliner. TV was a tad small but it was OK.
The parking lot and entry was clean. The office people were efficient and pleasant. There was a laundry area on the main floor and also the workout room. The snack area was run on an honor system.
The overall feeling was a step up from the usual interstate hotel. It was quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMofCWS, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Wow! It sounds like you absolutely loved our hotel. And we loved having you as a guest! Our mission statement is to "provide a heartwarming lodging experience by authentically serving our guest with the comforts of home and connection of family!" I'm pleased that we were able to provide this experience for you. See you again soon!

Director of Sales