“My Wichita Falls hotel of choice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Edgewood, New Mexico
“My Wichita Falls hotel of choice”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I’ve stayed multiple times at the Holiday Inn Express in Wichita Falls. It is overall a nice, consistent property.

I’ve always been assigned a room facing the road, which is one of the reasons I really appreciate the constant fan feature in the room. I imagine the rooms facing the lake are a lot quieter. But, when I am in Wichita Falls I don’t spend much time in the room so it’s a non-issue.

The temperature is easily controlled and maintains well, too. The desk lamp is not bright enough for me, but the bed is comfortable and the room clean. In short, this property gets it right.

This particular trip though I did have a couple of minor issues. The alarm went off loudly at 5:00AM when I didn’t set it. I never use hotel alarms because half the time you need an engineering degree to figure it out. In this case it took me a while to figure out how to turn it off. This happens more often than you might think. A very simple solution would be for hotels to include checking the alarm in housekeeping’s responsibilities when turning over rooms. It would be a very small thing that would make a big difference to travelers.

Also, HIX breakfast are always the same, so I always know that biscuits and gravy are an option for a hot dish if I’m there on omelet day. (I really don’t like the omelets.) It’s hard to mess up instant gravy, but this trip the gravy was so watery it was pretty bad. I ended up with cereal.

Still, in spite of the mishaps this trip – I’ll be back. Everyone has a bad day occasionally. This is still my hotel of choice when visiting the area!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Reviews such as yours that are honest and straighforward are vital to us as we work to continually improve our guest's hotel experience. I am passing along to our GM and Housekeeping your suggestion about checking the alarm clocks. I'm very sorry that it disturbed your otherwise restful night, and hope we have this fixed by your next visit. I will also mention your comment about the watery gravy to our breakfast hostess. Thanks for making us your hotel of choice in Wichita Falls. We truly appreciate you taking time to leave helpful feedback and look forward to seeing you next time!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed here while touring Midwestern State. Very clean hotel. Staff was extreamlly nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and good size. The lake view was very pretty. The only negative thing I can say is the beds were very uncomfortable. My daughters and I all woke up hurting and very sore.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view. Very pretty!
1 Thank Michele S
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
We appreciate your valuable feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay while visiting MSU. Please mention the bed situation next time you check in so that we may address your needs and try to make you more comfortable. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your comments about our award winning property - it helps us to continue to strive to help our guests have a Great Stay!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is my third or fourth stay at this hotel and it is always wonderful. The staff are excellent, rooms are spotless, quiet, and the overall vibe of the hotel is great. I appreciate their efficiency at check in and their attention to detail. Its kinda off the freeway when traveling on 287 but definitely worth the few extra minutes. There is a sonic within walking distance and a gas station to fill up the car before heading off. Love this place!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel and your recent stay! Our guest's feedback is very important to us and we're happy that you had a great stay. We hope you will stay with us again when in Wichita Falls.
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is unbelievable! the facility is pristine, can't believe it is 5,years old! The staff are friendly and accommodating, the breakfast offerings fresh, and the afternoon cookies delicious! If your travels take you to Wichita Falls, this should be your home away from home. Check it out!

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathy C
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
We're very happy to be your home away from home! Thanks for your great feedback about our award winning hotel. A dedicated staff and owners ensure that our hotel still looks brand new after 5 years. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments so we know we're on the right track to satisfied guests.
Dayton, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Wichita on the way home. Wichita Falls is a half way mark for us and we always stay somewhere here. This was our first time with Holiday Inn Express but will not be the last. The room was extemely comfortable, the bed was great and this was one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed at. The fitness room was clean and new. The first desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The only bad comment we have is on the housekeeping staff - when we were heading to our room the first time, loaded down with bags, etc. one of the housekeeping staff pushed a cart in front of us into the elevator and shut it in our face. The next morning, in spite of having the do-not-disturb card in the door, the staff knocked on our door around 8:00 to see if they could start cleaning. Defintely not annoying enough to keep us from returning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CowboyBiker
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I'm happy that you found us on your trip home and hope you will stay with us again! We strive to provide an excellent guest experience, so I regret the situation with our housekeeping staff. They are very focused in trying to get rooms ready for our guests, but that is no excuse for the situation you mentioned. I have passed your information along to our head of housekeeping and assure you the situation will be discussed among our staff. Thanks for your valuable feedback, as we work very hard every day to make our guests happy. We look forward to seeing you again in Wichita Falls!
United States
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Just returned from yet another stay at this hotel.
It is my home away from home, when visiting Wichita Falls.
The hotel continues to be managed well.
Everything is in very good condition.
Staff is great.
Beds comfortable.
Awesome breakfast. My favorite thing to eat at their free breakfast? the hard boiled eggs!
You will not be disappointed in this choice.

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
THANK YOU for your awesome review of our award winning hotel! We are so happy to be your "home away from home". I will pass along your comments to our staff who work so hard every day to make our guests comfortable. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback.

Mamaroneck, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Only stayed for 2 nights and 3 days. The hotel was very nice and clean. The room was in great shape and spacious. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. Continental breakfast was good and there was enough variety and food. The view was beautiful as well. If back in Yexas, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your valuable feedback! Thanks for staying with us and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you back to Texas and Wichita Falls any time!