I’ve stayed multiple times at the Holiday Inn Express in Wichita Falls. It is overall a nice, consistent property.
I’ve always been assigned a room facing the road, which is one of the reasons I really appreciate the constant fan feature in the room. I imagine the rooms facing the lake are a lot quieter. But, when I am in Wichita Falls I don’t spend much time in the room so it’s a non-issue.
The temperature is easily controlled and maintains well, too. The desk lamp is not bright enough for me, but the bed is comfortable and the room clean. In short, this property gets it right.
This particular trip though I did have a couple of minor issues. The alarm went off loudly at 5:00AM when I didn’t set it. I never use hotel alarms because half the time you need an engineering degree to figure it out. In this case it took me a while to figure out how to turn it off. This happens more often than you might think. A very simple solution would be for hotels to include checking the alarm in housekeeping’s responsibilities when turning over rooms. It would be a very small thing that would make a big difference to travelers.
Also, HIX breakfast are always the same, so I always know that biscuits and gravy are an option for a hot dish if I’m there on omelet day. (I really don’t like the omelets.) It’s hard to mess up instant gravy, but this trip the gravy was so watery it was pretty bad. I ended up with cereal.
Still, in spite of the mishaps this trip – I’ll be back. Everyone has a bad day occasionally. This is still my hotel of choice when visiting the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Major Businesses and Attractions Surround Award Winning Wichita Falls Hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Wichita Falls, Texas, is conveniently located minutes from popular Wichita Falls attractions and businesses. Are you traveling to our Wichita Falls hotel for leisure? Our location offers easy access to The Plex, a family fun center with games and rides, and outdoor attractions like Lake Wichita Park, Lucy Park and Cast Away Cove Waterpark. Sports enthusiasts enjoy our convenient location to Memorial Stadium, MSU, Sunrise Optimist Softball Complex, Hoskins Baseball Field, and the city's Sports Complex. If you're in the mood to shop, visit Sikes Senter Mall or Parker Square Shopping Center just three miles from our Wichita Falls hotel. You'll also find a variety of live entertainment at Memorial Auditorium and Red River Casino. Wichita Falls, TX, is a growing city and home to major regional manufacturers and retail centers. Lodging at our Wichita Falls hotel puts you close to several large businesses, including OSTC, Texoma Cancer Center, Kell West Hospital, and many others. If you need to hold a meeting during your stay, the Wellington Banquet and Conference Center has over 6000 square feet of meeting space and is right next door. Our business center is conveniently located in the lobby of the hotel and is available 24 hours a day. Whether you're visiting for business or leisure, our Wichita Falls award winning hotel will meet your needs. You can expect a good night's rest in our cozy triple-sheeted beds and then start each day with our signature cinnamon roll from our complimentary hot breakfast bar. The fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool help you relax during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Falls Hotel Wichita Falls
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Wichita Falls
- Wichita Falls Holiday Inn