“Average or less”
Review of Smokey Mo's Barbeque - CLOSED

Smokey Mo's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Maybe it was just a bad day for them. I just was not impressed with the flavor of the food. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Smokey Mo's chain is very similar to Rudy's in many ways - from the sauce bottles, to the menu and food, down to the cups. Smokey Mo's doesn't have the delicious creamed corn of Rudy's, but they do have some other unique options like sausage wraps, which are very good.

This particular location doesn't feel like a chain at all - more like a meat market with a food counter, but it was still quite good.

I haven't tried any other BBQ joins in town, and I suspect there may be better local places, but Smokey Mo's is a chain with consistently good food.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

If we eat BBQ its from here. The roasted chicken and turkey are so good and moist. Love the sliced beef and sweet tea are always good.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stopped by in the middle of the afternoon when they clearly weren't expecting any customers, however they took our order and served us promptly. I ordered sausage and brisket with green beans and okra. My husband ordered sausage with okra and french fries. The okra and fries were good. The server piled my plate with baked beans instead of green beans so they gave me a side dish of green beans, which were also good. The vegetable servings were very small, but the meat servings were generous. We asked them to put sauce on our meat as it wasn't offered although it was available on the tables. The sauce was overly sweet, it needed a little more zing. They asked us if we wanted bread with our meals, and when we said yes, they gave us each two slices from a packaged loaf. That was pretty underwhelming and we took them back to our condo to feed to the ducks. Our main feeling was that the food was okay, but for what we paid for it, we expected better.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

We had heard about this from a lady at the condo site and also off of tripadvisor so after a game of golf we thought we would check it out. The place is not much to look at but the meal was great. Speacial was two types of meat and two sides...My wife and I both left full. Lots of meat and the sides were great.

Had a little trouble finding this place as the signage is not that great. but once we where there it great. Would go back but there are so many other places to eat in the area I think we will try someplace different every day.

Thank Kurt.mr S