Red Roof Inn Conroe North-Willis
Comfort Inn(Conroe)
Good 3.5/5
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice bedthis past weekendwafflesclean roomsnice staywould stay here againtexaspillowsinterstatemaintenance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Be sure to do your homework on the entrance; I did and found it without issue. They are remodeling, so overlook the extensive number of boxes strewn around the reception area. Be warned that their breakfast ends an hour earlier than most hotels. Ask them NOT to call you at 9:30 AM to ensure you are checking out at 11AM (then again at 10:55 AM.) Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid hwy noise. Staff is extremely helpful, rooms are clean, bed is comfortable and shower is amazing. I will be a repeat customer here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel was scary and dark. Our room was broken in to prior to arrival and the TV stolen, they put us in there anyway and told us upon checkout we weren't supposed to be in that room but did nothing to discount our bill. It smelled of paint and was sickening to breath all night. It was too late on a Friday night to find another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

First the location of the hotel is hard to find. Second, when I checked in they couldn't find my Reward number, so we used my mom's (which that was fine), but after I checked into the room I realized we should have gotten the AAA or the Senior Citizen rate (my mom is 79) and IMMEDIATELY returned to the front desk and they refused to give us the reduced rate… saying we had already checked in and at this point it is non-negotiable. Ok, so I asked to speak with the manager and I was told I could not…. they were not available. "Well, when will they be available?" "Not until tomorrow after 10:00"….. It was clear they don't do complaints. It's Ok. They have lost me for life, but the room wasn't clean and the traffic is terrible. I would go to the next town.

Room Tip: I would not use Best Western.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Texanthruandthru
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is one of the worse Best Western I have stayed at; and it sad as in April 2014 I stayed at one of the best (Hot Spring AR). The room was dirty, the toilet ran all night, noise from IH45 traffic. The cost was high for the value or lack of value. I would not recommend this to anyone traveling. We actually booked on-line since it was late at night and we wanted a saving -- wrong.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The first challenge was to find the driveway to the place. I missed it the first go around and had to go sound on I10 to the next exit and take another shot at it. Luckily, it was not dark yet and I could deduce my path visually. There were no helpful signs for the hotel until you get to the hotel. I came for a horse related activity. I was driving my F350. The next challenge was to find a place to park it in the small parking lot so that I did not block others. Luckily, there were not many vehicles in the parking lot. The hotel is older, well kept but not new. It sits facing I10. My assigned room was on the front side and I quickly determined the the traffic noise was going to be a problem. Going back to the front desk, I asked for a room on the back side. The woman manning the desk was helpful and proceeded to change my room. It turned out that room was already occupied by a couple who had changed their assigned room since it was not ready. The change had not been noted. It took a while to determine which room might be unoccupied and made up. Rushing to get ready to go out to eat, I had trouble with getting my door to open. After using the card and noting the green flashing light, the door would not open. After many ties, I got lucky. Turns out, other people all had the same problem. Once back in the room, I tries to use internet. Since you have to get the code from the front desk, I went to call on the room phone. It was non-functional. I made the call from my cell phone and got the code. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and all the fixtures worked well. I had a good night's sleep. The breakfast room was small but the breakfast was good. Bringing my iPad with me, I thought I would read the NY Times. But no, the internet in the lobby and breakfast room is locked and the guests cannot use it. Internet is only available in the rooms. That is a head-scratcher since it is usually the other way around. Trying to open the door again after breakfast, I thought I might have to get the front desk to come open the door for me but after 20 tries, it opened and I was able to get my stuff and check out. For this, with the Senior Discount, I paid $95. Not outrageous but still a little pricey for rural Texas for these accommodations I thought.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Conroe North-Willis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I want to apologize for your experience at the Best Western Willis. We never want a guest to experience problems while staying at our hotel. Unfortunately we do not have access from the frontage road, however we do have signs posted with directional signs. Please rest assured that we have spoken to our staff about your issues on switching rooms. The doors to open once the green light it activated. There is a split second that you have to wait to turn the handle. We have wi fi throughout the hotel including in the lobby and breakfast room. I am not sure why you were not able to connect but our staff would have been able to help you connect. We do not block internet access.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to call us.

We never want a guest to experience problems while staying at the hotel.

Neil