“Fabulous place to stay”

The Landing at Seven Coves
Aberdeen
“Fabulous place to stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I are from Scotland and spent 2 weeks at Seven Coves over Easter and had a fantastic time. The apartment was very comfortable, we had dozens of TV chanels and a lovely large flat screen TV. There was everything in the kitchen that was required for making meals. The bed was comfy and we had great sleep quality. Yes, there is a little noise from heavy footed people above but no more than you would get in any apartment where the people upstairs are inconsiderate.

The views were amazing and my husband, son and granddaughter went fishing off the deck area where the jacuzzi used to be. My son and his family live in the area and came up to visit for the day. They loved the resort too. The pool area requires upgraded and the sun loungers are past their sell by date but we managed to get some time in the sun.

We used the local Kroger supermarket in Willis and found it to be the best value in the area. Restaurants we tried were Joe's Pizza and Pasta in Conroe, absolutely amazing food and the service was excellent. We also used the Outback Steakhouse a couple of time and it was very good food. Saltgrass steakhouse we went to a couple of times but was a bit disappointed.

The staff at the resort were very helpful and efficient and the housekeeping staff are to be commended for keeping the apartments so clean. The grounds people also keep the surrounding areas beautiful with lovely plants and shrubs.

We would have no hesitation in going back to Seven Coves but next time we would request an upper apartment with the extra bedroom and bathroom. All in all a great holiday that will go down as one of the best timeshare exchanged we have had.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank AlexAberdeen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

Althought the resort is surrounded by a lake, state parks, shopping, restaurants & about 1.5 hours from Houston, there is plenty to do on-site. We went fishing, played tennis, basketball, hiking, biking, & watched movies. They also had a weeks worth of activities planned by the staff during spring break that we didnt do. It was a little cold for the pool & boat rentals, but they are available. The staff we met were very nice, but we didnt see many people.

We got a notice that they were doing renovations. However, I didn't affect our plans at all. In fact we were in a newly renovated room. It was clean & had most of what we needed.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Sucurro
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week-long getaway during New Year's week. Our condo was spacious and nicely decorated with a full kitchen and bath with jacuzzi tub. Our balcony went right over the lake, and we loved going out in the morning and feeding the ducks right from the balcony. We drove to eat one meal out once a day and spent the rest of the time holed up in our unit.

The condo we started out in reeked of cigarette smoke so we asked them to move us the next day, which they did into another unit, still a smoking unit, but they said it was seldom used. It did smell better so we took it. They promised us an ionizer to help with the smell, but it never materialized. This was our biggest complaint of the week-- I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke and we had to go out and buy bed sheets to cover the furniture with to try to cover the smell as it permeated the furniture and bedding. We had brought our own pillows and blankets and used those instead of the ones provided. This wasn't really their fault-- we should have left once we found a non-smoking unit wasn't available. They were very accommodating about moving us to another unit, even though the new unit still smelled.

If you are bringing family here, it is very easy to hear things through the walls. Our first night the upstairs neighbor came down and told us to turn our TV down-- it surprised us because my husband was watching football in the living room, and I was asleep in the bedroom, and I didn't hear the TV, but the neighbor did. When we moved to the new unit we tried to be very careful about not turning the TV up, however we noticed that we could hear what was going on above us pretty clearly. It didn't bother us, but it might bother others.

The unit was attractively decorated-- there were some cigarette butts under our bed and some hair in our sink, otherwise it was very clean.

The bed, itself, was as hard as a rock so we didn't find it that comfortable for sleeping. We pulled out the sofa bed which was slightly more comfortable, although the bar that went across the middle was a real back killer. The sofa was very narrow so unless you are really skinny, it is hard to lay down on unless you pull it out to the sofa bed. It is also very low to the floor so getting up might be a challenge.

Despite this, we would stay here again as it was, for us, a peaceful get away. I would just make sure that we had a non-smoking unit next time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DRobinson1980
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I agree with other recent reviews of the Landing at Seven Coves. My wife and I had a timeshare week about to expire, so we booked a last minute vacation here. We were looking for peace and quiet, rather than culture and entertainment, and our expectations were met. The property was not crowded. We stocked the fridge and laid low for a few days. Our 2nd floor 2-bedroom unit was clean and surprisingly nice. The bed was comfortable. The balcony over the water is a nice touch. The view was relaxing, with lots of ducks, seagulls and buzzards. It was an enjoyable getaway.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is a must... the mega-Kroger about 15 minutes away has literally everything you need!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Curt G
Hockley, Texas
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My folks bought into this timeshare back when it first opened. This was back in the 80's. I was coming up here with them, staying in a separate room, of course. I now own that timeshare, and do my friends get jealous! I may have missed 3 years in all this time, for one reason or another.

Penny and the rest of the staff are more than happy to take care of your needs. If you want to check in early, they will do what they can to help, if possible. Guests are treated just as nice and professional as us owners, and that is one good reason to stay here. In all my years of coming up here, I may have had one or two incidents which required the help of staff here, and you would be amazed at how quickly they handled it...from a water heater shutdown to a rather noisy neighbor.

I would not trade my week here for anything, and the week my family is here is Thanksgiving. If we are having Thanksgiving dinner back home in the Houston area, we are talking about a 40 minute drive! Also, it's an easy commute to and from work in Houston, if you have to work that week.

Room Tip: If you want to fish, it is much easier from the one bedroom, downstairs units. Bring your rods and...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TXStormJG
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We always like to experience relaxing different places. I'll have to say that this was one of them. The room was clean and spacious. The rooms have a balcony right off the lake. However, the water was low during the time we stayed. BUT WE SAW DUCKS!!!! We spent a couple of hours just watching and feeding them. It was strange because the seclusion was in the middle of a neighborhood. You really don't think you're going in the right direction. When I got used to that, I realized how convenient the grocery stores, shopping, etc. were because we we "inside" of a neighborhood. Only one problem - many, many bugs attracted to the light. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AMDTRAVELSTORE
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

I honestly enjoyed my weekend stay at this secluded resort. Check in was fast and the front desk personell greeted me with a smile and was very friendly. I stayed in a one bedroom unit that was basically like an apartment with a full kitchen, sofa pull out, and a bathroom with a shower and jacuzzi tub. The balcony set out on the water which gave a nice view and created a relaxed atmosphere. I spent a lot of time out there just enjoying the peace and quiet. One side note to the balcony was due to it being on the water I had to chase off these harmless little flying bugs that at first looked like mosquitos. After a broom sweeping on the patio sliding doors and walls my unwelcoming friends were gone and never returned. The furniture in the unit was nice and the decorations were moderate. No flat screen television but they did have tvs in the living and bedroom area with dvd. The living area accompanied a nice size dining area and also shared a full kitchen with a bar to sit in. The appliances looked well taken care of. The unit was clean and had plenty of extra linens and extras. The one bedrooms we're on the first floor and the two bedrooms are on the second floor. Be prepared to hear your upstairs neighbors because the floors/ceilings are thin. The property grounds were clean and well maintained. Parking spaces are right outside your door which made it easier for loading and unloading. This resort charges a $44 dollar cleaning fee in addition to the nightly rate and holds a $100 security deposit until you check out. I had no problems getting back the deposit quickly. This is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank TreNorth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willis
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
Red Roof Inn Conroe North-Willis
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 14 in Conroe

Been to The Landing at Seven Coves? Share your experiences!