The Landing at Seven Coves
US$66
US$64
Red Roof
US$105
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$107
Comfort Inn(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$85
ComfortInn
Scottish Inn & Suites(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$134
US$112
US$135
US$131
WoodSpring Suites Conroe(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
  • Free Internet
All reviewslake conroefull kitchenboth bedroomsliving roomlower bedroomjacuzzi tubfurnished balconyspacious condokroger grocerybeautiful view of lakeconvenient storefishing licensehuge bathroomfront officetennis courtstime sharepontoon boat
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I found this location through my vacation travel club and read all the reviews, but I had a lot of surprises. So, here are some things you need to know:

1. We came for the view and the promised fishing from our balcony, but we didn't know they would be repairing some of the balconies (ours was one). We could view the water through orange mesh; however, we couldn't walk out and entirely enjoy it, because it was unsafe.
2. Bring your own spider and wasp repellent, because they are everywhere. I called for housekeeping and maintenance people to spray, but after two days without a response, we fought the battle alone with Raid and a broom.
3. A laundry room is available, but it's around the corner from your condo. So, bring a laundry bag and some change.
4. Everything is available for a fee. If you want fishing poles, bicycles, or additional towels, be prepared to pay for them.
5. The only fitness available is of the outdoor variety: tennis, basketball, or swimming.

We enjoyed the quiet location and the swimming, and my husband and kids enjoyed the fishing. While the family time made up for some of the shortcomings; it would have helped to have been prepared.

Room Tip: The two bedroom condos are upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank fewil
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband found this place on the net. We usually have bad luck at places that we find on the internet. We arrived Friday and were both impressed. The room was big, very clean. It was nice being able to fish from our patio. I really recommend this place. Only downfall is check in is at 4 and check out at 10. June 28-30 2013

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank itsmedj1973
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My Fiance and I originally planned to stay for one week; however, we added another week because it was so beautiful being on the lake. We had a one bedroom/bath room which are all on the first floor. We should have booked on the second floor with the two bedroom/bath combo as my fiance's grandmother did not want to leave either! She was in her glory sleeping in the bedroom with the television and the en-suite jacuzzi bath. We slept on the pull-out couch in the living room which was also very comfy. We had a flat screen tv in living room, cable, wifi, pots, pans, cookbook, coffee maker, teapot, AC and everything you need. The rooms were decorated beautifully. Our balcony was right over the lake with table and chairs. Housekeeping can really clean up a room excellently! You can rent bicycles, movies, fishing poles for as little as $2.00 per day. You need a number code for the laundry room-make sure you get it from front desk. I was able to exchange linens any time-call first as they may not be in linen room. The pool was ideal. It is located next to lake. The water was cold but once in it was beautiful. The Lake was very cold and I do not recommend jumping in to get a 25lb fish! The ducks were always coming by our balcony as I would feed them every day. They would show off their ducklings to us. The birds were wonderful but other guests do not like them. You could feed them from the balcony and they would catch the bread in mid air. I liked the WalMart in Montogmery. Their produce is excellent. The Willis Walmart is also great and right down the street off highway 45. There is a little gas station/convenient store on FM830 that is excellent also. If going into the city of Houston, I recommend Nasa Level 9 tour (pay extra as not in the citypass), zoo, and seeing the Bengal Tigers at the Aquarium. The citypass is $48 per person and contains zoo, aquarium, nasa tour (not level 9), Kehma amusement park near Galvaston, one of the museums. Also, Pappas in the city is excellent. My secret to catching a big fish is to use regular bread dough but have heavy line and an excellent pole-you DO NOT want to go catch it in the lake with bare hands like I did! Loved this place and Texas. I want to move here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I are from Scotland and spent 2 weeks at Seven Coves over Easter and had a fantastic time. The apartment was very comfortable, we had dozens of TV chanels and a lovely large flat screen TV. There was everything in the kitchen that was required for making meals. The bed was comfy and we had great sleep quality. Yes, there is a little noise from heavy footed people above but no more than you would get in any apartment where the people upstairs are inconsiderate.

The views were amazing and my husband, son and granddaughter went fishing off the deck area where the jacuzzi used to be. My son and his family live in the area and came up to visit for the day. They loved the resort too. The pool area requires upgraded and the sun loungers are past their sell by date but we managed to get some time in the sun.

We used the local Kroger supermarket in Willis and found it to be the best value in the area. Restaurants we tried were Joe's Pizza and Pasta in Conroe, absolutely amazing food and the service was excellent. We also used the Outback Steakhouse a couple of time and it was very good food. Saltgrass steakhouse we went to a couple of times but was a bit disappointed.

The staff at the resort were very helpful and efficient and the housekeeping staff are to be commended for keeping the apartments so clean. The grounds people also keep the surrounding areas beautiful with lovely plants and shrubs.

We would have no hesitation in going back to Seven Coves but next time we would request an upper apartment with the extra bedroom and bathroom. All in all a great holiday that will go down as one of the best timeshare exchanged we have had.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank AlexAberdeen
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

Althought the resort is surrounded by a lake, state parks, shopping, restaurants & about 1.5 hours from Houston, there is plenty to do on-site. We went fishing, played tennis, basketball, hiking, biking, & watched movies. They also had a weeks worth of activities planned by the staff during spring break that we didnt do. It was a little cold for the pool & boat rentals, but they are available. The staff we met were very nice, but we didnt see many people.

We got a notice that they were doing renovations. However, I didn't affect our plans at all. In fact we were in a newly renovated room. It was clean & had most of what we needed.

• Stayed: March 2013