“Exceeded my expectations”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had eaten here once before, when the restaurant was in the small house that now sits at the entrance to the parking lot of the new, greatly expanded and modern restaurant. That first dining occasion was very good, though not really remarkable.

Our experience this time was excellent. Made an advance reservation and when we arrived were seated at a corner table overlooking the small canyon and creek - perfect.

The salads, appetizers (fried green tomatoes) and entrees were delicious. The pecan encrusted black drum was superb.

Service was friendly, professional and attentive on a busy Saturday night. One of the best restaurant experiences I've had recently.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had lunch here on Father's day. The surrounding is beautiful as the restaurant is set in the woods with 2 wooden swings on ropes hung from tree branches that our kids loved. The building itself is a very modern architectural design which my wife and I both loved. The food was also very good and surprisingly moderately priced and not over-priced as I would have expected a place like this to be. We will definately be back!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband & I had the best BLT's ever here. The food was good, the service was great & the tables were very clean. We will be eating there on our next trip.

1  Thank HillCountryGirl2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The place itself is very nice with a great view if you sit outside, but the food was even better. My husband had the chicken with grits and I ended up stealing most of it, it was soo good! The chicken was tender and tasty. I have never had such a juicy, moist chicken before, even rotisserie chicken doesn't come out this good. I ordered the mac and cheese which was also very tasty just needed a bit of salt which wasn't anywhere to be found. And I wish I had ordered it with the bacon. Also although the chicken was excellent, the grits were a little too salty and I am a person who usually loves salt. But I would return again next time we go to Wimberley.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went with my wife for lunch and were seated promptly. Awesome building in a beautiful location. Had a nice open airy feel and out server was very prompt. Got the Rueben and Pimento Chees sandwiches. Sadly my first bite into the Rueben was a big piece if gristle. The rest of the sandwich was okay but afraid that first bite tainted the experience. The Pimento Chees was far different than expected and disappointing. Sometimes the chief takes a known to such a different place they may want to rename it.