“Very Relaxing Place !!”

The Lodge at Cypress Falls
Ranked #11 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
“Very Relaxing Place !!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our family of four stayed the weekend at this great place. We had planned to get away just before school gets back in session and thought spending a weekend in Wimberley would be fun. We had never stayed at the lodge before and found it to be very accommodating from the staff, to the rooms and the amenities. The pool was very relaxing on a hot summer day and they even had a small bar at the pool area with refreshments. The staff were really awesome. They went above and beyond to help with anything we needed and were most helpful with information about the Wimberley area. We also enjoyed spending time fishing down by the creek which seemed to be a well maintained area. My son even caught a fish which made the whole trip worthwhile. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I would recommend the lodge to anyone that's looking for a nice weekend getaway. I know we will return again soon.

Room Tip: They have rooms that face the pool or face the creek...I like the creek side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kempner, Tx
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Lodge is in a decent location, however the website is very deceiving. The lodge is very old. The "so call swimming hole" is gross. The pool was full of leaves ( they did go out and clean them out ) they have a Pool Bar ( they call it) and don't allow you to drink any of your own alcohol. Must buy from the "Pool Bar" this location was a huge disappointment. Would definitely not return. made the best out of the weekend though .

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank 2txcruisers

Travellers are raving about these Wimberley hotels

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The lodge is in a very beautiful surroundings, but the management just wasted a place with so much potential. It was not worth the money we spent, and I will never recommend it to anyone.

Here's what I liked:
1. The location: Location is very beautiful. It's so green, and the place has so many deers. But then again there are many places which offer more in less money.
2. The Service and Staff: The staff was very friendly, and helpful. They did their best to keep our stay comfortable.
3. A lot of parking place, and a nice pool.

What I didn't like:
1. Not Value for money: The place is very very old, and I don't think much is spent on it since inception. For the amount we spend, we have stayed in better places with much better facilities.
2. Poor Basic facilities:
- The rooms did not have an individual AC/Heater, so one can't control his room temperature without discomforting others.
- The Shower was too too slow
- Not enough power outlets in the room
- No WiFi in the room, even in lobby you need luck to get the internet working. Moreover ATT has poor reception and T-Mobile, Sprint no reception at all so using your mobile's is also needs luck.
- The complementary breakfast had very less options.
3. Poor Amenities: There are a couple of tennis courts, but they are not maintained at all. Both courts have many big cracks, one court is completely useless because of the cracks and wild grass. And only desperate souls like us can make use of the other one.
We did not try volleyball but from the look of it, even volleyball court did not look appealing.

Room Tip: Rooms near lobby may get Wifi
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AbhisheksAdvice
Houston
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel totally takes me back to the 60s. They even still have actual keys with plastic tags. We had Room #1. When we walked in the room, I don't think one thing had been updated since at least the 80s. Most disappointing was there was only two electrical outlets in the entire room. The bedside table lamp did not work and the overhead chandelier lit up the room with 12 open lightbulbs. Wow! The window was boarded up - no view at all. I will say the staff was very friendly, the complimentary breakfast was good, and the location was nice.

Room Tip: This place was so old and dumpy. I was very disappointed for $175.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cgloid
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I will never return to this place again!!!!
My family reserved a couple of rooms for the Memorial Day weekend.
Online, we saw the river and thought this would be a beautiful place to spend the weekend and get in some water fun. Upon arrival. it is beautiful! We loved the rooms with antique furniture and fluffy bedding! But........when we TRIED to go down to the river, the property that belongs to the lodge had a tall chain link fence around it and it was padlocked!!! We called the front desk and spoke with Hunter, who informed us that she did not have a key & if we wanted to use the river, we can "just go down to the end and climb over the big rocks to get around the fence and play in the water!" Seriously?? What kind of answer is that?? We had little children and a baby with us! And that area didn't look safe, as if there were possibly snakes there!! When we spoke with her again, we were told that she didn't know what to tell us!
Being that the river was the main reason we were there, and it made no sense to spend that kind of money for a room and their dirty pool, we requested a refund and promptly left!!!
She refunded our money without a hassle, but did try to tell us there were other things to do! We did not come to do other things! We came for a nice, relaxing weekend on the river!!
The fact that they had it locked up with no key available was poor business practice on their part, in my opinion, especially since all the river property there is privately owned and there were no other places to get into the river.
However, to have the desk clerk, Hunter, tell us to go climb those rocks to access the river, was just outright very poor customer service!!!
We were very disappointed & will never recommend their facility to anyone!!!!
And it's a shame, because when I first got there, I thought that this would be a place I would consider having my wedding at this fall!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bianca R
SAN MARCOS
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The water is crystal clear and you can see the fish making it great for testing new lures. Very relaxing, plenty of space to spread out and relax by the water. I have stayed here twice and I will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank HOWDYFROMTEXAS
Houston, TX
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My bed was very comfortable and I was happy there wasn't a two-day minimum to book. The morning munchies were a nice addition. My daughter thought the room was cozy. She is requesting we make another trip to Wimberley. :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelqueen1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 2 in Dripping Springs
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center
7A Resort
7A Resort
#2 of 7 in Wimberley

Been to The Lodge at Cypress Falls? Share your experiences!