“Beauty and Serenity” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blair House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Blair House Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Akron, Ohio
“Beauty and Serenity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

The setting of this inn is relaxing, beautiful and serene. The owners pay strict attention to every detail to enhance your visit. The food is wonderful, especially the Saturday night gourmet dinner. The opportunity for adding spa services to your experience is a welcome bonus. It was fun to explore Wimberley and the surrounding hill country. The view of outstanding sunsets cannot be overstated. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable about places to visit and suggestions for fun and interesting activities. I would say that Blair House Inn is the best place to stay...they cater to your every need. The rooms are beautifully decorated with different themes...a special touch. I had a wonderful visit and will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pawpurr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Fl & CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed here as part of a trip to celebrate my husband's birthday in April. I meant to write this sooner, but... We stayed in the El Serafin Cottage and it was just lovely and incredibly spacious. It was decorated with a modern western flair, all linens were of high quality and the bed was very comfortable. We had a deck with views and a sense of privacy. Everything you might need for a perfect stay seemed to be provided.
We stayed for three nights during the week, so never met the owners mentioned in other reviews. However, the staff, especially one young lady who seemed to be a day manager and was in charge of breakfast could not have been nicer.
Uncharacteristically, I was not feeling well and rich or spicy foods just didn't appeal to me. So every morning, she made oatmeal, which, along with the homemade breads or muffins, was just perfect. The staff was also happy to help with dinner, sightseeing and hiking suggestions.
I couldn't think of any way I would improve things which is unusual as I often can (although I just make a mental note of it for the future).
I guess if you are are interested in cooking or just want a wonderful dinner, this is the place to be on a weekend. The breakfasts were excellent during the week, so those dinners must be very good indeed.
I have to agree with all other reviewers. These people know how to design and run an upscale inn. If I were ever in the area again, I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FEA1
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

My daughter is a freshman at Texas State University and we wanted to get away this past weekend to see her, go to the TSU football game and explore Wimberley. Our original option was to stay in San Antonio but changed our mind when I googled this wonderful Bed & Breakfast! Much to my surprise it was perfectly located just 10-15 mins. from campus. We enjoyed the privacy we got at the B&B, plus the welcoming staff and owners. This weekend was a time for us to spend with our daughter and they allowed us to bring her to the pool for the day to do just that. Needless to say our new college student got to enjoy alittle bit of our relaxing time as well. The B&B is perfectly located a short distants from shopping in Wimberley. We met the chef on our last day, to take a few photos. The food was wonderful and I wanted to make sure he knew that as he also mentioned cooking lessons. We will return to this spot in the future and I would love to take cooking lessons while enjoying this wonderful hill country spot!! The Bed & Breakfast has the perfect touch class to any couples weekend and they have thought of it ALL!

Room Tip: San Antonio room was very nice!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We had the best time at the Blair House Inn. We will go back again...infact we did not want to leave. The only sad thing is that it is going to be difficult to find a better place to impress my wife. The food is worth going there just to eat and wine was wonderful. The view of the Texas hill country is great. I brought a deck of cards to play my Gin Rummy champ wife cards. I beat her 510 to 215...Priceless weekend. haha

Room Tip: Laredo was right across from the main house and right down from the pool
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I went to the Blair House Inn for two nights for our 20th wedding anniversary, and it was perfect. Our cottage was comfortable and beautifully decorated, the Hill Country setting was idea, the staff was helpful and attentive, and the breakfasts were delicious. We'd love to go back, and we would recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank LarsThorvald
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We chose to stay at the Blair House for our 22nd anniversary trip, and we are very glad we did. The owners and chef made us feel both pampered, and like family. We stayed in the El Paso suite, and it was very well appointed and comfortable. Lot's of seating, comfy bed, nice big bathroom and tub. We were given a lot of help with what to go and do in the area, and the places we visited that they recommended, turned out to be our favorite places. The meals were incredible, and we even had them pack us a lovely picnic lunch we took with us as we toured the area. Even though we didn't take one of their cooking classes, the chef was very friendly, and great to talk "foodie" talk with. There are a lot of well tended grounds to walk on, or hide on a hammock in, and their pool is up on the hillside, which was a great place to unwind.

Spring, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We try as often as possible to make a trip to the Hill Country of Texas and stay at the Blair House Inn. A King and Queen experience, well that is an understatement! And, we top if off withthe Saturday Night Dinner, which is open to anyone, as long as you make reservations in advance. The Cooking School........WOW!

Room Tip: Austin is wonderful, and this time we stayed in the San Gabriel...........knock your socks off! Sup...
3 Thank Linda S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
The Lodge at Turkey Cove
The Lodge at Cypress Falls
#11 of 19 in Wimberley
Sage Hill Inn Above Onion Creek
Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Blair House Inn? Share your experiences!