“A great getaway!”
Review of Blair House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Blair House Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I live in San Antonio, a short hour away from Wimberley, TX. We wanted a little getaway, not too far away, but somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We checked in on a Sunday afternoon and were given a tour of the main house, dining room, and finally the grounds leading up to our private cottage.

We stayed in the San Rafael cottage and it was just lovely! Starting from the great covered porch, which was one of the main reasons we chose this cottage....there was a forecast of rain the night that we stayed at the Inn, but we still wanted to be able to sit out on our porch to take in the outdoors and country air. The adirondack chairs and footrests were a great place to kick back and catch up on some reading.

On to the room: the San Rafael was decorated tastefully--the bed was comfy as was the sofa, both with overflowing soft pillows. Our only regret was that the gas was not turned on yet so we could not enjoy the beautiful fireplace in the room. There was a thoughtful wine and dessert "turndown" service brought to our room around dinner time. The room also had a microwave and fridge, which is always convenient to have. The bathroom was spacious, and included a jacuzzi tub for 2, as well as a walk in shower with good water pressure, a pedestal sink, and of course a toilet. Plenty of towels and toiletries as well. It was a little odd to have the coffee maker in the bathroom, though. Our cottage was right next to the pool and hot tub. My husband and I were able to enjoy some relaxing time in the hot tub under the stars, it was a beautiful night.

On to breakfast the next morning. My husband opted to sleep in (and in truth, is not big on breakfast), but I, however, LOVE breakfast, so I went on ahead and enjoyed it in the main house dining room. I was the only one there at first, and was greeted with whom I believe was the owner. I was promptly served a fruit salad and freshly squeezed juice. I also had some delicious coffee. Several other couples started to arrive for breakfast, and I would have never known that there were even other people staying here had I not seen them that morning, as our cottage was so private and we didn't hear a peep the day before and didn't see a soul! Next, I was served with bananas foster and the most delicious bacon! There was also a peaches and cream poundcake/bread that was divine. The gentleman serving me was kind enough to put all of these breakfast items on a tray so that I could take it up to the room for my husband to enjoy when he woke up!

Our stay was short and sweet, and we stayed in the room up until the last minute before we had to check out, as we wanted to soak everything in! If you are looking for a place to get away that is like a home away from home, then definitely put the Blair House Inn on your list!

Room Tip: The San Rafael is a private cottage right next to the pool and hot tub, a short walk to the main hou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmmyBTamez

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in Wimberly at the Blair House Inn over this past weekend. We have had a rough year with our young child fighting cancer and needed a quiet relaxing place to rest and recharge. My coworker suggested I try the Blair House Inn, she felt it would be just what we needed and I can tell you, it was PERFECT!

We were not disappointed in one single aspect- the Laredo Room was cozy and comfortable. The room was very clean, had a huge tub to relax in and a fire place for the winter months. The massages with Mary Rose were amazing, and the Saturday night dinner chef prepared was to die for (very very worth the cost)! We were able to rest in peace and quiet and enjoy Wimberly close by. Desert in our room with the turn down service was just an extra added bonus. We also had strong wifi (I had a couple of work related things I needed to do).

I do not have one single complaint- and I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to vacation accommodations.

We are already planning our next stay and STRONGLY recommend The Blair House Inn.

Room Tip: If you are looking for more privacy, I would opt for a room in one of the cottages. We stayed in th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ann b
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A co-worker suggested The Blair House Inn. As a city girl who doesn't like grass I was amazingly surprised at how much I liked this place - beautiful landscaping all around. When I arrived I was greeted by the Inn keeper Vickie and a staff member. They were so polite and nice. They should bottle their hospitality and sell it - they would make a killing. They go above and beyond to make sure you have a wonderful stay. The Innkeeper and a staff member helped me to my room. I stayed in the beautifully decorated and clean Galveston room. (I believe all rooms have ceiling fans.) The temperature was always perfect. It was nicely decorated and clean. Complimentary chocolates and coffee awaited me. Also each night I was served with a complimentary glass of wine and desert - lovely touch. The bathroom was small but very nice (I loved the shower). My bed was high, and I’m a short person so I had to jump up on it – ha ha.
The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and so good. The Saturday night dinner was Awesome - you have to experience it – hats off to the chef. What an Awesome experience; I felt like a Queen being served by my own personal servants, even though the Inn was full.
My first night there I went out to get something to eat, when I return around 7:00pm the lobby was closed. I noticed a creepy crawly on my way to the door. I called the main house and Mike one of the Inn Keepers came to the rescue - other than that I have nothing negative to say. This place is wonderful. Hiking trails, pool, cottages, art gallery, complimentary soda, just to name a few. Soft music plays in the lobby were you can just sit and relax.
This is a great romantic getaway for couples, or if you just want to romance yourself.
I got a lot of writing done on my next novel. This just may me my writing getaway.
For a luxury hotel connoisseur this B&B has won me over. I am so glad I decided to give it a try. When visiting the Texas Hill country the Blair House Inn is the place to stay. Hats off to the Blair House Inn.

Room Tip: If you are a couple stay in the room with the Jacuzzi tub or one of the cottages. The entire Inn is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Renee A
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife enjoyed our 50th Anniversary at Blair House and we totally enjoyed ourselves. I can safely say without any reservations that Blair House rates among the top two in inns for us. We have stayed at Blair House in the past and really enjoyed it; and plan to revisit maybe in the Dec '13 to Jan '14 time-frame when the weather is a little crisp and then we can enjoy their winter hospitality. The chef at Blair House is superior. The meals are prepared with a great deal of TLC; and, the owners and their staff are just fine folks; Texas folks you know!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are great; try one of the cottages; we plan to next trip.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our second stay at Wimberley's Blair House early August to help celebrate my wife's birthday. Our first visit was about twenty years earlier, but Blair House has only gotten better - more rooms and services (like massages).

The location is great for exploring Wimberley's and the surrounding Hill Country area. Rooms, beds and shared areas are great and the food is outstanding! The site is terrific with beautiful grounds complete with hummingbirds and country setting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This place is wonderful! Beautiful, peaceful & excellent service. The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable. Nice relaxing pool for just unwinding and the wine & dessert in the afternoon is a nice treat. We are planning to come back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Get a cabin if you can, they are very secluded!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I just returned from a few days at the Blair House Inn, celebrating our 24th anniversary. This place is truly a slice of paradise. Beautiful B&B, beautiful grounds, a pool overlooking the hill country, incredible staff, and the gourmet breakfast, wow... It's awesome! There are many things to do, or you can relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. We will return to the Blair House Inn! I would highly recommend this place! -- Jimmy J. San Antonio, TX

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and private. Even the rooms in the main house.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center
#3 of 4 in Wimberley
Mountain View Lodge
Mountain View Lodge
#4 of 19 in Wimberley

Been to Blair House Inn? Share your experiences!