“Fabulous Five Course Dinner!”
Review of Blair House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Blair House Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Houston
“Fabulous Five Course Dinner!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is our second stay and decided to have dinner on Saturday at the Blair House and what a wonderful time. The theme was French and what a delicious five course dinner. The food was well prepared, served with style and délicieux!

In addition to the wonderful food, we especially enjoy the attention to detail. The staff are on top of every little detail, from the tissue in the bathroom, the room temperature, to the cleanliness of our room. We stayed in the Fort Worth Suite which was comfortable, spacious and very cozy. We loved the sitting room as well.

The Blair House is now our favorite romantic get away. We love everything about this place and will return again soon.

Room Tip: Plan early, book soon to get the suite you want!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Austin
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a large room with a vaulted ceiling and banks of windows to the east and south overlooking a valley and forested hill. It is designer-decorated in a Safari theme with warm earth tone colors. The bath has a two-person jacuzzi, and a separate shower, but only one sink. There are two decks, one of which is private. They will be good for sunset in cooler months, though the lodge deck would provide for more community.

There is ample parking below the lodge, but you can park behind it at the same level temporarily to check in.

Room Tip: The room is at the same level as the lodge and dining area, with no steps to climb or descend after...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We celebrated our 18th year anniversary at the Blair House on November 1, 2013. The inn was awesome!! The staff and owners were hands on from check in till the end. The chef made us a great breakfast every morning and a five course meal on Saturday night. The food was five star! The property was so nice, quiet, and peaceful. The cottage we stayed in was perfect with a large jacuzzi tub, gas fireplace, and decorated hill country style. We would recommend the Blair House Inn to everyone. The owners have thought of everything including a day spa! We could tell they take great joy and pride in the Inn and your stay!
Mike and Melissa from Richmond Texas

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Could not have picked a better spot to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in the Houston room in the main house. Great service, food and hospitality. The hike around the property was serene with wonderful views of the hill country to take in. The drive into downtown Wimberley was under five minutes and it is located close to the Central Texas Bonsai Exhibit. There is so much to do. Even if you choose to stay on the property the whole time you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Houston room is located in the far corner of the main house
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had a very nice 2 night stay . The room was very pleasant and clean . Each morning the breakfast was wonderfully prepared . The staff seems to have a genuine interest in making sure that one's time at the Blair House Inn is a good memory .
There is a nice walking trail that provides great views and some nice hills .
While Wimberley may be a bit out of the way , if visiting the area , this Inn should be considered as a good destination .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank James P
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I live in San Antonio, a short hour away from Wimberley, TX. We wanted a little getaway, not too far away, but somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We checked in on a Sunday afternoon and were given a tour of the main house, dining room, and finally the grounds leading up to our private cottage.

We stayed in the San Rafael cottage and it was just lovely! Starting from the great covered porch, which was one of the main reasons we chose this cottage....there was a forecast of rain the night that we stayed at the Inn, but we still wanted to be able to sit out on our porch to take in the outdoors and country air. The adirondack chairs and footrests were a great place to kick back and catch up on some reading.

On to the room: the San Rafael was decorated tastefully--the bed was comfy as was the sofa, both with overflowing soft pillows. Our only regret was that the gas was not turned on yet so we could not enjoy the beautiful fireplace in the room. There was a thoughtful wine and dessert "turndown" service brought to our room around dinner time. The room also had a microwave and fridge, which is always convenient to have. The bathroom was spacious, and included a jacuzzi tub for 2, as well as a walk in shower with good water pressure, a pedestal sink, and of course a toilet. Plenty of towels and toiletries as well. It was a little odd to have the coffee maker in the bathroom, though. Our cottage was right next to the pool and hot tub. My husband and I were able to enjoy some relaxing time in the hot tub under the stars, it was a beautiful night.

On to breakfast the next morning. My husband opted to sleep in (and in truth, is not big on breakfast), but I, however, LOVE breakfast, so I went on ahead and enjoyed it in the main house dining room. I was the only one there at first, and was greeted with whom I believe was the owner. I was promptly served a fruit salad and freshly squeezed juice. I also had some delicious coffee. Several other couples started to arrive for breakfast, and I would have never known that there were even other people staying here had I not seen them that morning, as our cottage was so private and we didn't hear a peep the day before and didn't see a soul! Next, I was served with bananas foster and the most delicious bacon! There was also a peaches and cream poundcake/bread that was divine. The gentleman serving me was kind enough to put all of these breakfast items on a tray so that I could take it up to the room for my husband to enjoy when he woke up!

Our stay was short and sweet, and we stayed in the room up until the last minute before we had to check out, as we wanted to soak everything in! If you are looking for a place to get away that is like a home away from home, then definitely put the Blair House Inn on your list!

Room Tip: The San Rafael is a private cottage right next to the pool and hot tub, a short walk to the main hou...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmmyBTamez
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in Wimberly at the Blair House Inn over this past weekend. We have had a rough year with our young child fighting cancer and needed a quiet relaxing place to rest and recharge. My coworker suggested I try the Blair House Inn, she felt it would be just what we needed and I can tell you, it was PERFECT!

We were not disappointed in one single aspect- the Laredo Room was cozy and comfortable. The room was very clean, had a huge tub to relax in and a fire place for the winter months. The massages with Mary Rose were amazing, and the Saturday night dinner chef prepared was to die for (very very worth the cost)! We were able to rest in peace and quiet and enjoy Wimberly close by. Desert in our room with the turn down service was just an extra added bonus. We also had strong wifi (I had a couple of work related things I needed to do).

I do not have one single complaint- and I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to vacation accommodations.

We are already planning our next stay and STRONGLY recommend The Blair House Inn.

Room Tip: If you are looking for more privacy, I would opt for a room in one of the cottages. We stayed in th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ann b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center
Square Inn
Square Inn
#2 of 19 in Wimberley
Sage Hill Inn & Spa

Been to Blair House Inn? Share your experiences!