“Watch Out. Inn gone bad!”
Review of Blair House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Blair House Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Watch Out. Inn gone bad!”
Reviewed 16 April 2006

I wanted to take the opportunity to make you aware of a situation that occurred at an Inn found on your site.

My wife has had a pretty rough couple months so I was interested in giving her a stress free weekend consisting of nothing but peace and quite. I booked a weekend at the Blair House Inn, Wimberly Texas. It was quite expensive but the inn’s site was more than enough to entice me to make the reservation. It looked perfect! And it was, for the first night. Unfortunately the stress free weekend came to a screeching halt on Saturday night with the simple ring of my cell phone. The Blair House Inn offers a pricey gourmet meal service on Saturday, but my wife and I had opted to spend the evening in a nearby city, enjoying each others company. On the other end of my cell phone were the owners, Mike and Vickie Schneider. They were calling to inform us that they had been holding dinner for us and to ask when they could expect us to get back.

I quickly replied that we made no such plans to attend dinner. That didn’t stop them from insisting earlier in the week I had made reservations, made meal modifications for my wife (she is vegetarian) and then confirmed during check-in. Unfortunately none of those events occurred, as my wife and I were both out of town for the week before the stay. I do suspect that Mike and Vickie were mistaking us for another vegetarian couple staying at the Blair House Inn the same nights we were. Furthermore, our reservation confirmation email quite clearly indicated that no meals were included in the bill.

That evening when we got back to the inn I approached the owner, Mike Schneider, with a copy of our confirmation email indicating no meals; an email he sent us. He then produced a copy of his records indicating that we made reservations and later confirmed them. I relayed that our calendar prevented any of that from happening, but Mike didn’t want to hear it. In classic passive aggressive style, Mike could not admit that he, or his staff, made a mistake. He went so far as to tell me that he believes that “customers are not always right” and then questioned the honesty of my wife and I. I suspect that Mike thought that since we were about half the age of the typical guest we deserved half the respect.

Needless to say the stress free weekend was over. My wife was crying, and I was infuriated! If it hadn’t been for the 3 1/2 hour drive home we would have left that evening. As it was, we stayed that night and quickly packed and departed early the next morning. The only silver lining I can see is that there was no charge for the missed evening meals.

The Blair House Inn boasts of its hospitality and service. I guess we were staying at a different inn! I hope that you can share this experience with others, so that all prospective guests know of the indifference and disrespect that are propagated by the owners.

Brian & Susan
Houston, Texas

• Stayed April 2006
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 3 October 2005

The Blair House is a true rarity. Lovely grounds, cozy ambience, impeccable service and truly delicious food all in one. This is a wonderful place to stay if you are looking for solitude, rest and relaxation. The pool and hot tub are sparkling and quiet, the rooms are large and gracious and the bathtubs are to die for. Each evening, the owners or staff deliver a superb dessert and glasses of wine to your room. We will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank TMG
Argyle, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2003

The lovely inn and beautiful grounds were an inspiring backdrop for a romantic retreat. We stayed in the Laredo room, and the pictures on their website did not do it justice; it was pure luxury, hill-country style! We especially enjoyed the artwork. The inn doubles as a gallery and we were delighted by the diversity and charm of their collection. The chef is fabulous, breakfast was the highlight of our days. Every night they brought us dessert in our room. The details were perfect--from the fresh flowers and chocolates to the deer scampering across the meadow as we arrived, the flowers in bloom and the hummingbirds that delighted us as we sipped our morning coffee. We enjoyed a moonlit stroll down by the water, we snuggled on a swing underneath a majestic oak tree, we felt the stress and tension of our "real life" slipping away as we took in the breathtaking view from the deck outside our window. We will definitely return, and I can't imagine ever wanting to stay anywhere else! If we're going to escape to the Hill Country, we'll be at the Blair House Inn.

7 Thank Texasfamily1977
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center
Square Inn
Square Inn
#2 of 19 in Wimberley
Sage Hill Inn & Spa

Been to Blair House Inn? Share your experiences!