“Simply the Best!”

The Red Corral Ranch
Ranked #10 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I attended a workshop held at Red Corral Ranch and enjoyed a complete experience. I stayed in the Stillpoint cabin which is a little over a mile from the Main House. As I followed the winding rock road I could see the lights of the cabin peering through the woods. It was a cold night and when I entered the cabin it was cozy warm as the heaters had been turned on waiting for me along with freshly made brownies. The refrigerator was stocked with fresh eggs, homemade breakfast breads, orange juice, cereal and milk. I felt welcomed, at home, safe, warm and completely in my bliss. The next morning I woke up to a beautiful morning as I drove back to the Main House. I did not have an opportunity to explore the ranch or take advantage of the hiking trails as I was in my workshop. However, I did walk through the woods close to my cabin and didn't walk far until I came up on a small tree where a buck must had use to help shed his antlers. On the ground laid two antlers, one of which the squirrels were already chewing on and the other was untouched. This is something you don't get to see every day. The Stillpoint cabin is a small cabin that will easily accommodate two people but it is absoultely perfect for the lone traveler especially if you appreciate the still and quite of your surroundings. I am looking forward to when I can come back to the Red Corral Ranch and stay a few days. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gena L

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Our Central Texas chapter of the Women Presidents' Organization had its second annual retreat at the Red Corral in January, 2013. The peaceful setting, lovely lodge accommodations, and delicious food made the weekend spectacular. The fire places with wood burning logs enhanced the lovely rustic atmosphere too. Celebration Hall was ideal for our life map experiences and yoga exercises. Also, the labyrinth was an asset as it gave us time for introspection. Thank you for helping us destress and engage in learning. I know we'll return next year.

Room Tip: Some rooms are upstairs. They are lovely but you need to climb a narrow winding staircase. Most roo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My family (26 of us) stayed at Red Corral Ranch over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Thirteen of us were in the Limestone Lodge, with the remaining 13 split between Deerview Cottage and Meadows Cottage.

We have kids ranging from 2-18. There was a lot of room for the kids to play (lacrosse, soccer, football, and bean bag toss were the favorites- yes, my brother's family brought all the equipment!) The weather warmed up nicely on our first day, so a few of the boys even swam in the pool next to the Lodge.

Most of the women enjoyed walking/running the trails on the property- up to the barn, and over to the cottages. My daughters and niece even did a Jillian fitness routine in the Celebration Hall.
The greenery is lush and diverse. Peacocks stroll the grounds near the lodge and were a joy to watch.

The Lodge has a bit more of a pampered feeling to it than Deerview or Meadows do, and we had most of our meals at the lodge spread out at the large dining table, on the porch, and in the kitchen. Meadows also hosted a few meals and has a large island that is great for setting up a buffet.

Deerview and Meadows are right beside each other and about a mile from the Lodge. We had no problems walking or driving from one spot to another -although I did wish we'd brought our truck as it would have been a bit more fun.

We met Kimberly and Janet while we were there and both were excellent at listening to any issues we had and assuring us that they would take care of them. Penny handled all my email correspondence and the payments from each of our groups.

This is one of those places you will always remember in a magical sort of way. The lights over the bridge at night, the beautiful foliage, the wildlife, and the cozy bedrooms, the clear nights with a star filled sky, all tucked away on ranch (with a feeling that you are far from the city), made this a favorite of ours!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a special charm!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanne W
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Having worked with groups for over 20 years in conference centers around the U.S. and in international sites, it was an absolute blessing to discover Red Corral Ranch. The beautiful and peaceful physical environment, the wholesome and delicious food and the accommodating and caring staff combine to make Red Corral Ranch the ideal place for any kind of group event or the perfect private getaway. They truly understand how to "create an environment." M & M

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MM4244
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Visited and stayed here for old army friend's wedding on 19th May. Stayed 2 nights (18th and 19th.)
Truly wonderful place and Kimberley as fantastic and so very helpful and informative.
Lodges (rooms) were comfortable, cool and right on the doorstep of the pool.
Many peacocks around and a truly fabulous setting.
Could not ask for better staff, really made welcome and you would be hard-pushed to find somewhere better to stay or hold an event than here.
Made us english feel really welcome.
Didn't click on the vote for fitness centre or room service as you can walk for miles by yourself (or swim in the pool) and the kitchen was open for us to make snacks.

Room Tip: Get a map or have SatNav! Very friendly people.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Nice place. Lot of stuff to do. Great place to do nothing as well. They provide some breakfast materials for you (freshly gathered eggs, strawberry or banana bread, granola, fresh OJ, milk, coffee, etc.) and each cabin has it's own kitchen. Each cabin also has it's own BBQ pit and hot tub. The main facility has a pool too (I think it's spring fed as well.) Great place, good people and 1100 acres to explore. They also have a list of service providers (massage therapists, caterers, horseback riding, etc.) for you if you need them. We had our wedding here and it was the best decision we ever made. There are multiple cabins onthe property for rent for personal use. They even rent out for seminars, company events or small groups to have workshops, parties and classes. Beautiful drive to get there too. HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: The stillpoint cabin is GREAT for a couple to stay. We spent our first anniversary there and loved t...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jaypeazy
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We attended a wedding with about 100+ attending for the wedding and the reception, The main attraction - in addition to the bride - was the peacocks. The beautiful grounds and evening lights in the trees were so pleasant for a wedding atmosphere.

Room Tip: We did not stay but the ones who did said the rooms were nice and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple