“Interesting Restaurant. Worth Stopping to Try It.”

Milagro's Hill Country Tex-Mex
Ranked #18 of 45 Restaurants in Wimberley
Cuisines: American
Description: (512) 842-2800
Description: (512) 842-2800
Reviewed 11 August 2014

To get to this restaurant, it is a fair drive from Austin or San Antonio. Wimberly is somewhere between the two cities. The drive is very pleasant and the restaurant was also. The food was good and the service too. It was ordinary Mexican food with a menu of Tacos, Enchiladas, and the standard fare. There are some other non-Mexican choices as well which we didn't try. You will get a very good meal here and fairly large portions. There is a nice covered patio in the front where you can eat. We were there in August with the humid Texas heat so we didn't try the patio, but it certainly looked very pleasant and probably would be best to eat out there in late September or October. All in all, while you won't get overwhelmed, you won't be underwhelmed either. You'll enjoy it.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We were very surprised at how accommodating the staff was. They closed at 9:30 and we arrived a little after 9. They told us to relax and enjoy ourselves. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed our evening view. The pork carnitas were delicious and the chips and salsa were yummy. I had a blackberry margarita and let me tell you, it was strong and delicious. A lovely place to go if you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went at 4 pm which is sort of an odd time, not lunch and not yet dinner; service was brisk and the tacos were very good. I had a large salad, which was delish. Sort of a biker vibe but overall good and would go back anytime.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I note (as of this writing) Milagro's has 3.5 star rating. That's what I would like to give it. It's a good stopping point on a trip through the area, but not wort a detour. Good quality, but not a "wow" experience.

I was with a party of about 8 people. We all enjoyed the meal (no complaints), but no raves either. The tortilla chips were great (puffy, fresh), and salsas good. But the entree (for me, cheese enchiladas) was unremarkable. And none of the conversation was interrupted by "boy this is good". So I was disappointed given recommendations I had earlier from friends.

The location is good: west of San Marcos, at intersection of Hwy 32 & 12. A good, convenient stopover.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Chips & salsa is a great start to your meal. They are light and crisp not greasy at all. Most of us had tortilla soup & it was wonderful. Great lite lunch to warm the belly after a day of shopping.