“Jack Glovers cowboy museum on HiWy 287”

Jack Glover's Cowboy Museum
Ranked #11 of 21 things to do in Wimberley
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I used to go by this place on US Texas 287 outside of Bowie Texas years ago when we would go to Dallas, We stopped in one day back in the 70's and talk to this old timer named Jack Glover who is dead now but anyway he was one of the few people that knew how to pronounce our last name, I asked him how he knew that and he said he had met my aunts some year sooner and showed us there names on his guest book so we signed it too, We talked a while and looked around his store/museum and we bought this Indian prayer that he had composed and he signed it and numbered it, it was copy 83 of just 100 he had printed. I stile have and will for a long time to come. I really liked that old guy and miss his place on the high way, I always look up there when we drive by and have wondered what happened to it.RIP Jack...Your friend....Rocky and Vickey Oechsner

Reviewed 21 July 2013

we did not plan to visit this museum but kinda dropped in when we visited the 7A ranch. It sure had much history and lots to look at. I am not of a history buff but if anyone is this is surely a place to visit.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

This was a surprising and extremely interesting stop. Mr. Glover was very interesting to talk to and the museum has a lot of unusual items. My wife and I spent a couple of hours at the old western town and most of it in the museum. This is a must see if you're ever in Wimberly!

1  Thank rwcobra65
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Glover's Museum is a place from a different time! Unfortunately, Mr. Glover is ageing and your opportunity to have him show you around is fading. Hearing him talk about his cowboy tales is worth the visit alone!
Finding the Museum is a trick. It's in the middle of a tourist trap called Pioneer Town that's poorly marked on the map. Going down River Rd from Wimberley, take a right on Wayside Dr, it's the parking lot on the left--it will probably be empty.
Get Glover to show you his Judge Roy Bean's original sign, the "billion year old sabre tooth tiger poop on a rock", the Pompeii Man, the horse drawn hearse with the body of Jimmy Hoffa, his stuffed long horn bull, and the giant jackalope! This place is unreal!
No cost, but he takes donations. Soon attractions like this won't be around . . . old cowboys like Glover have faded away. . .

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Not sure how much is true but great stories. Need cup of coffee and a table to sit and listen. Great exhibits mostly his personal collections. Open when Jack is in Closed when he is not. Get there before he is not.

2  Thank Joe M