“Very Good”

Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Hidden gem...
I had my first experience today eating at San Angels Resturant, Food was good. green hot sauce was EXCELLENT!! food was very tasty, service was good, order was taken very quickly and brought out in the same fashion. I would like to go back and taste other menu items. Hope it stays around with tasty food and prices, I am sure they will....

1  Thank Toby R

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We have been there twice and enjoyed every bite. It is a new restaurant with young owners and I do agree the wait staff needs a bit more training but the food is quite good. The chile relleno, crunchy tacos, pibil, and enchiladas we have tried were well prepared. The tortillas are fresh and light and their salsa plus jalapeno sauce are yummy. I am glad to have a good Mexican restaurant in Wimberley.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

The facility has been refreshed and is delightfully light and clean.
The food was very good and the service was good. I suspect that will improve as the new waitpersons gain experience.
Be sure to try their "Daisy"!! A refreshing blend of freshsqueezed orange and carrot juice over ice.

1  Thank Leon T
Reviewed 9 May 2013

As one that has traveled thru the interior of Mexico and lived there, I am perplexed by the review of this restaurant. I would agree the restaurant may need additional staffing to take care of customer's timely needs. Other than that, I would recommend to any customers that would like to try an alternate to Tex-Mex food.

2  Thank noideaman
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I had high hopes last night when we visited SA Bar and Grill. What a disappointment. No ambiance, dirty dishes left on tables that never got cleared, salsa was not salsa at all but was red tomato water. I ordered the enchilada plate. I got two very small enchiladas that were the size of taquitos. The rice and bean sides were tiny and unappealing too. The rice had peas and carrots in it . Not Spanish/Mexican in any way. The beans are homemade which was nice. if you are craving Mexican food go to the frozen food section at Brookshire Brothers and skip the dirty tables, slow service and red tomato water salsa. San Angles you will not survive if this is the best you can do! What a complete waste of a dinning experience.Shamrock Tacos are still the best bet in town for "Mexican" food.

1  Thank sassy P