“Cute place in a good location and good food”

San Angel Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #19 of 39 Restaurants in Wimberley
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“Cute place in a good location and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

This Mexican restaurant has a nice location on River Road just before it gets to a quaint area along the creek where people have rope swings and other simple pleasures set up. It's cute -- apparently a house converted into a restaurant. It has a nice little bar in the front (about four seats) and a bunch of tables spread across a few rooms. My girlfriend got the crispy tacos and loved them. I got a torta with pastor, which took a little longer than expected. But the waitress was very nice and attentive, and the sandwich was worth the wait. It has many inexpensive options. I think the torta was $4.99 -- and enough to fill me without any sides (besides complimentary chips and salsa).

Montgomery, Texas
“Best mexican breakfast I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We ate here on August 17, 2013 for breakfast. We were heading back home from a week long vacation on the Blanco River in Wimberley, TX. My breakfast was awesome. Had the Chilaquiles Verdes with refried beans. I also ordered a crispy beef taco on the side. It was awesome and wanted more. My husband had 3 tacos (ground beef) flour and corn tortillas. He said they were really good too. Other family members had chocolate chip pancakes, breakfast tacos, etc. The salsa red and green were both excellent and chips good and cruncy like I like. My daughter and boyfriend ate here 2 other times while we were there and said both times food was excellent. Wish we would have found this place sooner but will definately go back when we are in the area. The owners daughter was very nice and talked with our group of 7 for quite a long time. She said her mother owns two other restaurants (Dripping Springs for 4 years and another one in Hill country for like 50 years). If you are in the area try this place out you will love it.

Wimberley, Texas
“Finally! Amazing Mexican Food & Margaritas in Wimberley!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We live in Wimberley and have now eaten at San Angels several times. Finally Wimberley has a wonderful Mexican food restaurant with amazing margaritas, yummy hot sauce/salsa & chips, and chile rellenos - hand made of course! This is our new go restaurant. I can not wait to try breakfast!

Now, if only an asian restaurant along the lines of Pei Wei or PF Changes would open in Wimberley we'd be set!

2 Thank cecilia_cei
San Antonio, Texas
“excellent food, excellent service, pretty place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had a very good meal last night and, based on our experience, the service has greatly improved since earlier reviews. I had chili con queso with very fresh, corn-y tortilla chips and very tasty fish tacos. Friend ordered nachos with chicken and got a big plate piled wht the good chips, cheese and with lots of spicy grilled chicken. She's a big guacamole fan and said it was very good. She also liked her lemonade. The service was very good, so I think that the young wait staff must have learned the ropes. Our waiter was knoweldgeable about the menu and attentive and the owner and anohter server checked on us during the meal. My friend said that the owner's mom has a resaturant in San Antonio, so the owner must have honed the recipes there. Also looked like there was a nice outside porch in the back that would be a pleasant place to eat. We'll be back reguarly.

Wimberley, Texas
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Hidden gem...
I had my first experience today eating at San Angels Resturant, Food was good. green hot sauce was EXCELLENT!! food was very tasty, service was good, order was taken very quickly and brought out in the same fashion. I would like to go back and taste other menu items. Hope it stays around with tasty food and prices, I am sure they will....

1 Thank Toby R