Creekhaven Inn
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$119
Priceline
Outpost Motel(Dripping Springs)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$74
Econo Lodge(San Marcos)
US$69
EconoLodge
Candlewood Suites(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$111
Country Inn
All reviewsthe main housesage roomb btranquil settingblueberry sconespot holesmy husband and ihot tubbeautiful creekmini fridgewimberley squareother guestsyogurtparking areawithin walking distancehill countryoff the beaten path
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I highly recommend this inn to one and all! It is the ultimate in serene countryside living.
A bit off the beaten path, down a forked dirt road, one comes upon a "diamond in the rough". Beautiful accomodations alongside aged cypress trees and babbling creek waters await the stress-worn traveller yearning for a place of peace and calm.

I so loved the deer and goats at play. They seemed a natural part of such a different kind of world--a world certainly less anxiety-ridden. (The deer were symbolic indeed!)

My husband, a budding photographer, took many shots of this ironically "posh" rustic land.

I do hope to return soon. And invite you to visit a night or two. I promise that you will want to stay forever. Unfortunately, "life" beckons, doesn't it?

Linda & Gary
West Columbia, TX

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

The place is large enough where you don't feel you are rubbing elbows with everyone. The inn is on a large piece of property right by Cypress Creek. They have a huge deck that was great for sitting, relaxing with a glass of wine, and listening to the sounds of the pond and mini-waterfall next to you. There is a hot tub you can use as well. Or you can walk the grounds and take a nap in one of the hammocks or sit in one of the chairs at the creek by the small waterfalls. They have kayaks or lounging tubes to take into the creek for a little swim or adventure. My husband did some "catch and release" fishing in the creek and caught quite a few sunfish. We crossed the creek and walked about 10 minutes down the the "Blue Hole", a popular, natural swimming hole. We stayed in the Bluebonnet room and it was nice and big. The king bed was so comfortable and when we weren't taking a nap or outside taking a stroll, we watched TV in our room on a nice flat screen TV. A hot breakfast is served in the dining room downstairs in the main house from 8:30-10, so you can take your time and eat when you are ready. The inn is down a long, residential road that is very close to town. You could take a long walk to the main village if you wanted. If you are going to be in the Wimberley area, I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. It wasbeyond our expectations.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Creekhaven Inn, is so beautiful!!! Bill & Pat are such nice people! This was our 2nd stay with them this year, and will continue going!!! I recommend getting the massages, they come to your room and pamper you! I love how our room has a balcony so my husband and sit outside and watch the deer walk by!! So relaxing!! The rooms are beautiful, the beds are so comfortable!! We haven't been in the creek but they offer canoe boats to go into! I love that the grounds have swings, benches, you can just sit and talk with a loved one (or friends)! Also has a hot tub! Breakfast is so good!! Thank you for amazing time!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Creekhaven. Our only complaint is that we couldn't stay longer! We stumbled into our 4 year anniversary celebration exhausted and in need of a quiet, relaxing destination. We found it! Wimberly is a wonderful little town in the hill country north of San Antonio, where you can "just chill" or enjoy shopping and great food and drink in the town square (not sure if that is what Wimberly-ites would call it, but I'm at a loss for words).

Pat and Bill made us feel very welcome at our check in and we were greeted with an offer of wine, snacks, and a little conversation with them and the other guests. Having the opportunity to stay at their wonderful inn is something we would like to revisit in the future. We took advantage of having a fruit and cheese basket with Champagne delivered to our room before our arrival, and also scheduled a couple's massage in our room. Even without these two great additions, the Water Lilly room was amazing. Check out the website for pictures...very unique and hard to leave at the end!

I could go on for a long time, but in general we loved the location, the feel, and the overall atmosphere. We would love another stay in the Water Lilly room.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We had an awesome time of rest and relaxation. Bill was an great host. Showed us the property and amenities. We enjoyed a peaceful weekend getaway for a few days. Property is nice and very well kept. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Ino's Restuarant and Bar up the street has live music on fridays and saturdays which was fun. Enjoyed the water and shops in town. If you eat at the Salt Lick in Driftwood get the ribs-tried everything and they were the best. Heard comments from others that the Italian restuarant in Driftwood was great.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo