“So peaceful and relaxing”
Review of Creekhaven Inn

Creekhaven Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I recently stay here and it was amazing. I could have stayed there forever it is so peaceful almost the whole time except when I was on the balcony and the neighbors dog was barking for ten minutes . The only thing that was horrible was the owners they could have been friendlier . I think they judged us by they way we looked. I could tell that the women owner did because of the way she looked at us, she never said hello or anything I felt like a bother to her . But I didn't go there for them I went for the room which was gorgeous I will definitely be staying there again despite the fact the owners were rude.

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank summerlette

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Husband and I booked this for 1-night to celebrate his birthday. The typical stay is 2 nights minimum, so we appreciated the owners having a room available and accommodating us.

Of course, I think most people will love the drive through the Texas Hill Country. The drive from South Austin to Wimberley is pretty quick, only about 20 minutes. The drive leading to the property on Mill Race Lane was not impressive. There's other small, unkept homes on the same street, so you have to wonder if you're in the right place for a "luxury" bed and breakfast.

Once you're at the end of the road, you'll see the property, which is very serene and has some great huge trees in front alongthe creek. The owners met us and took us on a short tour. Loved the solid wood decor in the main house. Since we visited in January, it was too cold to make use of the kayaks or outdoor fire pit. Our room, the Honeysuckle, came recommended by one of the owners after we described what we wanted: private patio, sunset/sunrise views, kingsize bed, etc. The room was spacious and well-lit with both natural light and via the inset lights. We enjoyed the 2-person jacuzzi tub and view of the property from it.

In town, we enjoyed pizza at Brewsters. They have a microbrewery, so the husband tried the beer flight. As with all of the local shops, the owners were very nice. We also bought some fudge at the Wimberley Valley Candy Company (current for sale) and ate at the Leaning Pear (great soups and sandwiches) before heading to the Jade Gardens Bonsai Nursery on the way back.

Overall, very nice, peaceful experience. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeeinAustin
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We recently spent 3 days at Creekhaven Inn in the Wild Honeysuckle Room in the Main House. The room was very romantic with its jacuzzi tub and private balcony which both overlooked the incredibly beautiful landscaping. Our king size bed had luxurious linens and was soooo... comfortable! We had looked at several bed and breakfast prior to making reservations at the Creekhaven Inn; however, once we checked into our room, we knew we had made the right decision. Each morning we awakened to a wonderful breakfast and the peace and serenity of the grounds with sounds from the creek and the water fountains. And each evening we would sit on our patio with a glass of champagne listening to soft music and glancing at the stars.

Along our journey in the wine country, we did visit a couple of the other places that we had looked at on line just for fun and this only reconfirmed that we truly had selected the very BEST of the best!! The days spent at Creekhaven left us wanting to come back. Pat and Bill, the Owners, have done one incredible job at making Creekhaven a PERFECT place to APPRECIATE LIFE and EACH OTHER. We can;t wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I highly recommend this inn to one and all! It is the ultimate in serene countryside living.
A bit off the beaten path, down a forked dirt road, one comes upon a "diamond in the rough". Beautiful accomodations alongside aged cypress trees and babbling creek waters await the stress-worn traveller yearning for a place of peace and calm.

I so loved the deer and goats at play. They seemed a natural part of such a different kind of world--a world certainly less anxiety-ridden. (The deer were symbolic indeed!)

My husband, a budding photographer, took many shots of this ironically "posh" rustic land.

I do hope to return soon. And invite you to visit a night or two. I promise that you will want to stay forever. Unfortunately, "life" beckons, doesn't it?

Linda & Gary
West Columbia, TX

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

The place is large enough where you don't feel you are rubbing elbows with everyone. The inn is on a large piece of property right by Cypress Creek. They have a huge deck that was great for sitting, relaxing with a glass of wine, and listening to the sounds of the pond and mini-waterfall next to you. There is a hot tub you can use as well. Or you can walk the grounds and take a nap in one of the hammocks or sit in one of the chairs at the creek by the small waterfalls. They have kayaks or lounging tubes to take into the creek for a little swim or adventure. My husband did some "catch and release" fishing in the creek and caught quite a few sunfish. We crossed the creek and walked about 10 minutes down the the "Blue Hole", a popular, natural swimming hole. We stayed in the Bluebonnet room and it was nice and big. The king bed was so comfortable and when we weren't taking a nap or outside taking a stroll, we watched TV in our room on a nice flat screen TV. A hot breakfast is served in the dining room downstairs in the main house from 8:30-10, so you can take your time and eat when you are ready. The inn is down a long, residential road that is very close to town. You could take a long walk to the main village if you wanted. If you are going to be in the Wimberley area, I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. It wasbeyond our expectations.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Creekhaven Inn, is so beautiful!!! Bill & Pat are such nice people! This was our 2nd stay with them this year, and will continue going!!! I recommend getting the massages, they come to your room and pamper you! I love how our room has a balcony so my husband and sit outside and watch the deer walk by!! So relaxing!! The rooms are beautiful, the beds are so comfortable!! We haven't been in the creek but they offer canoe boats to go into! I love that the grounds have swings, benches, you can just sit and talk with a loved one (or friends)! Also has a hot tub! Breakfast is so good!! Thank you for amazing time!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Creekhaven. Our only complaint is that we couldn't stay longer! We stumbled into our 4 year anniversary celebration exhausted and in need of a quiet, relaxing destination. We found it! Wimberly is a wonderful little town in the hill country north of San Antonio, where you can "just chill" or enjoy shopping and great food and drink in the town square (not sure if that is what Wimberly-ites would call it, but I'm at a loss for words).

Pat and Bill made us feel very welcome at our check in and we were greeted with an offer of wine, snacks, and a little conversation with them and the other guests. Having the opportunity to stay at their wonderful inn is something we would like to revisit in the future. We took advantage of having a fruit and cheese basket with Champagne delivered to our room before our arrival, and also scheduled a couple's massage in our room. Even without these two great additions, the Water Lilly room was amazing. Check out the website for pictures...very unique and hard to leave at the end!

I could go on for a long time, but in general we loved the location, the feel, and the overall atmosphere. We would love another stay in the Water Lilly room.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple