“Perfect girls' night in!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Hotel Flora and Fauna
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wimberley
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My bridesmaids and I stayed at the Hotel Flora and Fauna for a girls' night in before the wedding. We loved the peace and quiet, as well as the privacy we had. We were able to walk to town in just a few minutes for fabulous shopping and delicious food, and then returned to our rooms for swimming and relaxing. All of the amenities were so luxurious and stylish. The rooms were decorated so tastefully and fun! One of my favorite little details was the old-fashioned record player in each room, complete with vintage records listening. Also, the little kitchen was very convenient for us, as well as the pool-side necessities basket with towels and cups. They truly thought of everything! We were so comfortable and had an amazing time. I highly recommend staying at the Hotel Flora and Fauna.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Supernannyhayley

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The wife and I stayed here because it was the only place left in town that was not over priced. I was at the end of my rope and getting frustrated with finding a room. The service that books a lot of the properties around here, their phones were down. Then we came across Flora and Fauna. Man did we luck out! It's location is close enough to walk to the town square and many of the Restaurants. These are just added bonuses. First I will say that the phone service while making the reservation was OUTSTANDING! Very helpful, very polite and hassle free. Being already at my wit's end from just finding a room, I was skeptical about this place. As we walked through the gate into the courtyard, I had a huge surprise. The courtyard, pool and hot tub were very clean and well kept. Then came the room. I could not believe how nice the room was! Very modern decoration but very well done. So many cool gadgets for the nerd in all of us. Remotes for the ceiling fan/light, one for the A/C, one for the TV and one for a really cool multi-colored light. There is a working turntable with a few great vintage albums to play. There is a very nice, stocked, kitchenette with a small fridge/freezer, coffee pot, tea kettle, toaster and other nice to haves. There are just too many cool things in this room to list all of them. THIS ROOM IS A PRIVATE RETREAT IN ITS SELF!! They also have a "green" approach with some of the soaps and other products that are stocked in the room. I was completely impressed with every aspect of this property! I would definitely recommend this place and will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Axis270
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My sister and I stayed here one night and it was not long enough. We were greeted by Karma and she was wonderful and so helpful. It was so quiet, peaceful, relaxing. The rooms were superb. Fully stocked kitchen, Eco friendly. Bed was so comfortable. Can't say enough about this place. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank GiGi92155
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived at the hotel on a Monday and stayed through Wednesday of July 4 week, so we were expecting it to be packed. It wasn't though so it was very quiet and right when we walked through the gate we were impressed. The pool and hot tub were awesome and it was so quiet and welcoming. The room was very impressive and had everything that you need including kitchen (with coffee maker, refrigerator, sink, everything!), record player, amazing bed, and shower which had shampoo, conditioner, and soap in dispensers! They thought of everything when they made this place! Great drive to San Marcos and New Braunfels for tourist spots and drive may be 30 minutes but it's a beautiful drive in the Hill Country. Will definitely stay here again and thanks to the staff for making us feel like family.

Room Tip: Suite 9 is the best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ty P
Reviewed 20 July 2014

"Modern" and "hip" are not words you would generally use to describe Wimberley, Texas. It's a cute little town, good for antiques, galleries, hiking outside of town, and generally getting away from the big city. But it's more about ornate furniture and old lace than it is about clean lines and cool surroundings. That is, until you step onto the grounds of Hotel Flora and Fauna. Because this ain't your grandma's Wimberley.

You pull up into a shell and gravel parking lot that is walking distance from the main town square, and the first striking thing is an expanse of wall, covered by an equally large expanse of mural by an Austin artist. It shows local wildlife in a natural setting. Step inside the gate into a serene courtyard, complete with a small swimming pool, a pergola, and bocce balls dotting the green. A few standing stones contribute to the feel of a Zen garden.

The rooms themselves are spacious with a king-size bed, a kitchenette with microwave and dorm-sized refrigerator and coffee maker (plus plates, cutlery, cups, and glasses for four as well as the essential corkscrew), a seating area that can comfortably accommodate four or more, and a bathroom with a huge shower. Little amenities are LED mood lighting on demand, a ceiling fan, and--just to burnish the hipster credentials--a portable turntable with a selection of '70s and '80s LPs. (Yes, Saturday morning found me sipping coffee and listening to Stevie Wonder.) The decor is retro modern--sharp, chic, and far more reminiscent of Portland, Oregon than Wimberley, Texas. And it works in spades.

True to its name, Hotel Flora and Fauna does its best to be environmentally friendly, with recycling bins near each room and using Earth-friendly cleaners without any strong scents. The room was spotless when I arrived. There's also the usual collection of snacks, bottled water, etc., on the kitchen counter available for a charge, like in so many other hotels. Unlike in so many others, however, they don't gouge you on the prices. Most stuff is only $1, only a bit more than you might pay at the local grocery store, not the 300% mark-up you find at most hotels.

Check-in and check-out are completely simple because there's nothing to do in either instance. Booking is online, and the room doors open with a numerical code that the hotel sends via email. You can go straight to your room without needing to stand around a front desk. But don't let that make you think Hotel Flora and Fauna is in any way impersonal. To the contrary, the management at this place is wonderful. Kharma, the manager, clearly cares about the business and wants it to succeed. Within an hour of our arrival, she was at the room with a folder full of suggestions about what to do in the area, complete with Google Maps directions (as well as an armful of extra LPs for the turntable).

If it sounds like I'm gushing, it's because I am. This is one of the coolest little places I've stayed in a long while, and they seem to have thought of everything. The price is right, the service is friendly, and the location could scarcely be better. This one's a winner.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank IainSimpson
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our first time in Wimberley and I have to say it was the best experience we've had. Hotel Flora and Fauna is a perfect place to stay. The Hotel itself is very beautiful with a very serene atmosphere. The rooms were amazingly nice with convenience kept in mind.
We will definitely make this our traditional getaway. Same place, same room number everytime. I can't believe how perfect it is.
I would recommend this place for sure.
Thank you for making this trip special!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed 18 July 2014

From the moment we arrived, the sight of the huge wildlife mural on the outside wall convinced me we were in for a treat! We stayed in room 14 (has extra windows) and were blown away with the decor & extra thoughtful touches provided by this hotel. I won't spill all the nice surprises that await you because that is what delighted us so much, but trust me you won't be disappointed! It is brand new, upscale, spotlessly clean, well stocked, quiet & serene. We enjoyed the pool & hot tub late that evening & slept like babies on the fabulous bed! Jacqueline from the office was so helpful & showed us how to use all the various remote controls for the TV, a/c,& lighting which removed all guesswork & made it so easy & comfortable immediately. I won't write reviews unless I'm truly impressed, and this gem deserves big kudos for providing the unexpected extras that make people like me want to come back again & again! I don't think the website photos do justice to the rooms!

Room Tip: Room 14 has extra windows, side patio. Its small, quiet property (no small kids allowed), so I woul...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank J L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Marcos
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 3 in Dripping Springs
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center
Square Inn
Square Inn
#3 of 19 in Wimberley

Been to Hotel Flora and Fauna? Share your experiences!