“Wonderful experience at Wimberley Inn!”
Review of Wimberley Inn

Wimberley Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wimberley
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this delightful Inn for three nights. The lovely and well - maintained grounds were pretty even in late August in central Texas! The atmosphere there was very peaceful and serene. I especially loved the soothing sounds of the fountain in the main deck area. The bed was very comfortable and the crisp sheets were welcoming after long days. I loved everything about the Inn - it is so Wimberley - and aptly named! However, what made the stay so memorable and special for me was the Innkeepers, Dan and Denese. They were very accommodating and helpful, and all the restaurants they recommended were excellent and did not disappoint. Their genuine and friendly hospitality was very refreshing to me in a hard season of my life. I enjoyed breakfast in their sunny dining room, it was tasty, healthy, and satisfying. Everything about my stay there was refreshing, restful and enjoyable! I will not only return, but also recommend it to fellow travelers heartily!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My son and 3 other guest set out to explore the blue hole swimming area. We pucked wimberley inn bc of the location and the value. We had never been to Wimberleyand had heard great things about it. From the moment of calling the Inn to cobfirming our reservation by email, the service was awesome. The staff couldn't have been any nicer and helpful. Our rooms were super clean and comfortable. They did serve breakfast but wasn't to excited about selection. My son didn't eat any of it...bc he claimed it was grown up food. Lol. Yes it was. I ate..the blue hole area was gorgeous, water cold, grounds and park ,perfect. The shops in the square were some what disappointing. I didn't really care for any of it . Fredricksburg was much better for the shopper at heart. We decided in all, that we came , we saw, we'd probably never come back. Even though they mentioned a discount upon returning. ..
if the inn had, had a pool we would have really really loved it. They should consider a pool. It was 100 degrees or more this weekend. I'd recommend staying here for sure if you plan on exploring Wimberley.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have been staying here while our home is being completed. It has allowed me a unique perspective on the Wimberley Inn. D&D and Martha work to make everyone feel at home. They are willing to help you find things to do, make you comfortable for one night or 3 weeks. The rooms are kept clean and the beds are comfortable. A continental breakfast is served on the weekends. It is centrally located, quiet, and priced competitively. I see many families and couples come and go during the week for girls' weekends; swimming at the Blue Hole; hanging out on the several nearby rivers; and visiting family in the area. I also see the other end from their perspective and I am always amazed at their patience and courtesy even when the situation does not warrant it from them. They will make sure you are safe after coming home from Inoz; offer up high chairs for the toddlers; and invite you in for TV in the evening. D works daily maintaining the grounds and the rooms, along with housekeeping. They take their business seriously and genuinely want their guests to enjoy their stay.
When looking for a place to stay, I often consult trip advisor and try to keep in perspective the reason for each review; many I take with a grain of salt. However, I thought it necessary to add another review to help keep a balance of perspective...

Room Tip: The ones nearer the main house have internet in rooms. You can also always have internet in the mai...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lcsaggie
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Don't agree with the very positive reviews, but it wasn't terrible. The rooms would be $45 if the place wasn't in Wimberley. I agree that the grounds "could be" lovely "IF" they were tended to. Unfortunately, I don't think the owners can even remember the last time they raked &/or otherwise cleaned up the landscaping. The property looked run down. For $100 a night I think guests should expect a small refrigerator, microwave, etc. Especially when traveling through the Hill Country. Not here. Plain, empty & simple. Not even a lounge chair. A look around our 2 rooms & you would swear you were in an older & very mediocre motel on some interstate.
Housekeeping was good & front desk personnel pleasant, but disappointed in the property overall & wouldn't return. And despite the claims of the location being an easy walk into town, you should realize it would be about 3/4 mile on the shoulder of 2 different highways.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank smvhou
blubeatle, Owner at Wimberley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

We’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy the natural beauty of our facility. We are not a typical chain hotel on a concrete slab on a highway, so we are challenged with maintaining 5+ acres of wooded hillside during a 3+ year drought. We highly encourage people who are used to staying in $45 rooms at chain motels to continue to do so.

However, if you are looking for a natural environment off the beaten path and are willing to pay a few dollars more for the peace and quiet of the country, please come stay with us. You will get your money’s worth!

And please, to those who don’t appreciate our unique setting, don’t devalue the opinion of our guests who have enjoyed their stay here. They know what we up to and appreciate the effort it takes to make this place a lovely home away from home.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We really enjoyed the scenery, especially the deer. The lay out of the property is nice, and the trees were lovely. The room was very clean and comfortable and relatively simple in decor, and we enjoyed a good night's rest. I was very happy to have a ceiling fan in the room. It is pretty close to restaurants and shopping, but far enough away to give the inn a country feel. Breakfast is not offered on weekdays, but it would have been appreciated. FYI- there is not much open on Sunday night in Wimberly, but I guess that's part of its charm.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The environment around the inn is beautiful, the grounds are well kept and natural for the area, the owners are extremely friendly and helpful, and the hill country location is perfect. My boyfriend and I stayed two nights to attend a concert nearby and explore the area. When it was pouring rain and we decided not to drive into Austin, they gave us a good alternative concert idea that was a mile away. We had a nice, interesting conversation upon checkout. I have stayed at B&Bs and smaller boutique hotels and gotten the impression the owners want your money with minimal work on their part; my impression at Wimberley Inn was the opposite. They work very hard to make the inn a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Very nice and relaxing. Very lovely surroundings. So peaceful and quiet. Would have been nice to have breakfast offered during the week since It was such a beautiful morning out. Otherwise a perfect place to stay away from all the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 3 in Dripping Springs
The Lodge at Turkey Cove
The Lodge at Turkey Cove
#3 of 3 in Canyon Lake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dripping Springs - Austin Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - D...
#2 of 3 in Dripping Springs
Creekhaven Inn
Creekhaven Inn
#4 of 19 in Wimberley
The Lodge at Cypress Falls
The Lodge at Cypress Falls
#6 of 19 in Wimberley

Been to Wimberley Inn? Share your experiences!