“Delightful Little Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Boat House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jennifer...
“Delightful Little Cottage”
Reviewed 21 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We stayed at The Boat House in Wimberley and were delighted! It was a perfect blend of outdoors to suit my husband and beautiful design to suit me. The sheets and towels were both soft and plush, which is important to us. The property was clean and the community was quaint and quiet.
I loved it that we didn't have to keep up with a key and could park nearby.
A few things to consider, the sheer curtains and open windows made me a little uncomfortable due to the close proximity of other cottages. I would have greatly preferred to have the option of privacy. I would have also liked to have had something at the cottage that told me a little more about the town in general and the property specifically.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would recommend it highly to anyone who asked.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
22 Mar 2017
Thank you Jennifer for your review! We love this charming cottage and am glad you enjoyed it as well. We also appreciate your feedback and will be replacing the curtains with a more opaque selection. We do hope you have you back again soon!
Thanks again,
Hill Country Premier Lodging
Thekeeter...
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful Anniversary Weekend”
Reviewed 10 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We just completed a wonderful stay! A comfortable bed, amazing bathroom, right on the creek with a canoe and walking distance to town with awesome restaurants and shops. We plan to come back every year. We would highly recommend this place to anyone seeking a romantic getaway. Thank you, see you next year!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
11 Apr 2016
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Boat House and for such a special occasion! We certainly look forward to seeing you again and if there is anything we can ever do to make your stay even more spectacular, we would love to hear from you.
Swatzell
Colleyville, Texas
“Uncomfortable, at best.”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

As an experienced consumer of vacation rentals around the world, my recent stay (December 26, 2015 - January 2, 2016) at The Boat House was one of the worst, yet. Let me share five (5) key issues with the property.

1) Imperative to my stay, was having reliable access to Internet service. Albeit vacation time, being able to conduct business via email was a must. Unfortunately, upon arrival at the property, I discovered that no WiFi was available from any of my computers or phones. I contacted the property management company the next day (as well as several times afterward) to inform them of the outage, only to have Time Warner service the system three days later. What did I do in the meantime? I drove into San Marcos and sat for hours at a Starbucks, just to have reliable access. My guess is that the property management company may say that the outage was due to recent storms, however, I arrived at the property the day before the storms and Time Warner confirmed that the WiFi router was incorrectly configured and an issue existed at the "pole." Also, the Time Warner technician communicated that the owner purchased the absolute cheapest, slowest broadband service available - so slow, that he sees very few people opting for such subpar service.

2) Here's the uncomfortable part: the "curtains" located in the living area are quite sheer and easy to see through at night. Why is this an issue? Because there are two other houses/properties literally within 10 yards or less from The Boat House. Therefore, there's little privacy at night, while sitting in the living area.

Making matters worse, the curtains in the bedroom are too narrow for the two windows they attempt to cover. Therefore, you can completely close them without having gaps in the middle or at the edges of the window.

3) Also, the kitchen is poorly designed. If you see a picture of the kitchen, you may note that the microwave/oven is literally positioned on the floor. My wife had to get on her knees one morning, just to put our breakfast into and out of the microwave; certainly not very well designed or convenient. As well, the kitchen was "generously stocked" with 2 spoons and 2 butter knives. There were plenty of other utensils, but the lack of spoons and knives spoke to how cheaply furnished the rental is.

4) The lack of a coffee table and/or end tables was also problematic. To sit on the sofa and drink coffee required that you either a) put your cup on the floor, or b) position the two kitchen chairs as end tables, making it more convenient to watch TV. Again, poor furnishings and/or lack of consideration on the part of the owner.

5) Finally, read your lease agreement carefully! We were threatened to lose our money and be evicted from the property if we had any day guests at the property. Again, I'm a seasoned traveler and have rented vacation properties costing over $1,000 per night. So, I thought I'd seen it all. However, to not be allowed to have friends visit or risk your hard-earned vacation money is over-the-top, Never have I seen a policy like this. I certainly understand not having overnight guests, or guests that throw wild, destructive parties, but being disallowed to have a couple over for dinner or a glass of wine is simply ridiculous.

So, there you have it; 5 reasons why not to rent this property. An unfortunate, disappointing experience that I hope no one else experiences, as well. Therefore, do yourself a favor and locate a more inviting and well-appointed vacation rental in Wimberley, Texas.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Bathroom
Liked least: Everything, but the bathroom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing