“Good old fashioned cafe food and atmosphere!”
Review of Wimberley Cafe

Wimberley Cafe
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Wimberley
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We love breakfast here where the waitstaff is happy and helpful and the coffee is in a heavy old style mug!
The lunch specials are affordable and tasty. Homemade pies and cakes round out the menu and the regulars!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose Wimberley Cafe due to its highest restaurant rating online. We arrived at 3:30 (the opposite of peak time) and were told there would be a 10-15 min wait. We waited 10 min. So far, so good. The waitress came by about 4 min into us sitting there. I killed a fly at the table in the meantime. Reviews we'd read said to order chicken fried steak. My hub got that, I got chicken fried chicken. You get fries and the veggie of the day, no substitutions. That's not what the online menu said, but whatever.

Twenty min later, the CFC arrived, burnt to a crisp. I cut into it, nice white meat, not nice burnt breading. It tasted like burned toast. I told the waitress once she did her checkback. She did not apologize but offered something else. I asked for CFS instead. We also got a monkey dish of zucchini, not green beans as we'd been told. To her credit, she quickly returned with a large CFS, so I did not have to wait another 20 min. There was no flavor. Unsalted fries, meh meat, and the zucchini was okay, not overcooked like some places. She brought our bill, we put our credit card out in plain view, she did a checkback three times to an adjacent table, when we tried to get her attention, we held our hands up and tried to flag her down, say "Miss," but she ignored us and went to the drink area and chatted with a co-worker. It takes a lot for us to pay less than 15%. You really have to make us feel like we are worthless. Finally, my husband got up and stood in the middle of the restaurant until she noticed us. Bad food, bad service. Don't waste your time.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We were told there would 've a 10-15 min. wait. An HOUR & A HALF later, we're still waiting! We had planned to go to Market Days, but by the time we eat, it's going to be too late to bother.
Finally received our food. It was hot but flavorless. I wouldn't return and recommend you try somewhere else.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I came to eat at the Wimberly Cafe for lunch. We had some yummy spinach quesadillas and some fantastic coconut pie. I'm so glad we asked for the pie ahead of time because by the time we finished our food, the pie had been sold out. It is popular for a reason! We will definitely come back here again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had breakfast here. Food was great, lots of it. Service fast and friendly. No problems at all. Would go back. Clean restaurant.