“Fresh pastries”

Price range: US$2 - US$5
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We bought fresh breakfast pastries and then went back that afternoon for a picnic box lunch of sandwich, cookie and soda. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I never fail to stop off at Sugar Shack on my way out of Wimberly and load up on their simply scrumptious, moist, flavorful cake balls. And economical too- at $8.00 for a half dozen, they are less than half of the price and twice the flavor of their Austin rival who shall remain nameless. But let's not disrespect their superb macaroons and flavored bars. Friendly, personable- but go there LAST so your goodies won't decompose in a hot car!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wedding cake was supposed to have a light lemon curd filling and when we cut into it, there was only more super sweet icing. We ended up throwing it away. I don't know if it was my wedding planner's fault but what bakery would make a wedding cake with no filling. I have never seen one. We were disappointed.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was expecting something of a bakery shop you would find in a small town, but come to find out it is just like any other sweet pastery shop around. Was disappointed in the cinnamon streusel bread. It looked great but was very dry and crumbly instead of moist.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

This was a great little find as we traveled through the area. It is this little house bakery but with so many treats it is overwhelming. The staff were great and very helpful. The lady behind the counter even went through every item they had so we would know all of our options. It was fun to listen to her speed through all that was there. Once you finally recovered from hearing all that which was GREAT...it came down to deciding. So many yummy choices and you couldn't go wrong. We had cheese cake, cookies and apple tart. All were yummy and I would live there if I could. All made daily and from scratch.