“Very nice room & friendly staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Winnie
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Winnie
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great hotel for a quick overnight or extended stay for birding etc. The staff was friendly & helpful & it is a great La Quinta property.
The room was large, very clean and quiet.
It is an easy drive to the birding hotspots from this location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was the best La Quinta I've ever stayed in. The entire hotel seemed to have been refurbished; the rooms were as nicely appointed as some 4-star hotels I have stayed in. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was spotless. Some have noted the noise, but I didn't even know other people were staying there. I didn't stay for breakfast. For under sixty bucks this couldn't be better.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I would not recommend, room was not level, we both awoke with a headache. Car alarms keep going off and manager said there was nothing they could do. Room phones were not working, I had to call front desk from my cell phone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We birded Texas for 2 weeks and for doing High Island, we stayed at this hotel for three nights. Yes it's a 20mile trip each way to High Island but the road is quiet, straight (and has the world's most random huge bridge in the middle of it)....but the motel options nearby are limited - as are restaurant choices.
La Quinta was a much better choice: the room was huge, has cable, a fridge and microwave, is spotlessly clean and even the aircon doesn't make that much noise! Ha, there's even an elevator ;) Breakfast is served from 0500 which means even us birders can grab something as we leave. And, being a birder got us $30 a night off the room price - result!
The staff were very helpful as the free WIFI was playing up and when it came to us having to check-in online they made a call to the neighbouring hotel and we wandered over there to use their internet. All in all, I can thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BirdboyAds
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I always stay La Quinta. If you can drive down the road the one in Orange has better hospitality & breakfast. There was nothing wrong with my room. House keeping barged in room with out knocking which in my opinion is not acceptable & was just an overall unwelcome feeling. There was only one lady I wish I would've got her name that was even friendly. I know this is longer than my normal review if I have to stay in Winnie again I won't stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The room was clean, bed was comfortable. I guess I just expected a a little more since I had friends recommend the chain. No internet the entire stay... internet and a place to sleep were all I really needed. It was a disappointment and I will not stay there on my next trip to Winnie.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were trying to make miles the first day so Winnie is where we ran out of energy and pulled in to La Quinta. We never stay at La Quinta, but did this time, Room was ok, food in the AM was ok if you like starch but hey that is life. Would not stay there again, but it was ok.

Room Tip: For an average place they charged three times what a similar room cost me in Hemstead later that day...