“This place is out of business. ”
Review of Papa's Place Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Papa's Place Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is out of business. ”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is now called Tony's Barbecue, also on this review. Check the reviews before driving to a restaurant in the area. This is not the first one I have seen on here that is closed. Check the spelling as well. Some restaurants are rated under two different spellings.

Winnie, Texas
“Gross”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

No Longer In Business!!! Closed!!! I understand why.... Service was super slow and food was super yuck...

1 Thank Elisabeth C
Beaumont, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good for the area”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We celebrated my mom's birthday with lunch here. The food was good. Service was a little slow but very pleasant and friendly.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Wow, I am really glad I didn't read some of the negative reviews of this place before we decided to eat here. We were returning from a visit to Louisiana and decided to stop to eat. We had already passed Beaumont, so we weren't expecting too much to choose from. We had driven almost to the end of town and were about to turn around and go back to one of the usual chains when we spotted Papa's Place and decided to give it a try. They were advertising all you can eat crawfish, but we had just had crawfish the day before so we both ordered the ribeye. The steaks were some of the tenderest and juiciest we have ever eaten. They were both slightly overcooked--my medium rare order was more like a medium, and my husband's medium was about medium well--but it was so good otherwise that it didn't matter much. The onion rings I got as one of my sides were fantastic; perfect, crispy batter, and thick, fresh-tasting onion slices. The green beans were overcooked and over seasoned, but I had plenty to eat anyway. When the waitress brought out check, I thought there was an error in one of the items, and that we had been undercharged. Our waitress said that it was steak night--buy one, get the second for half price. I would have been perfectly satisfied at full price, so this was a bonus. The service was just about right, not too pushy and not too slow. Dining choices are somewhat limited along I-10 between Beaumont and Houston, so we will definitely keep this place in mind on future trips.

• Visited April 2012
Austin, Texas
“Uneven service, average food”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our group of 8 was seated at back-to-back booths and each booth had a different waitress. One booth was done eating before the other one even got served. We suspect they lost the ticket, but no explanation ever was given. The food was average. If you're not in the mood for fried, try some place else.

Visited April 2012