“Awesome Texas sized music concert venue!”
Review of Nutty Jerry's

Nutty Jerry's
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Winnie
Nashville, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Awesome Texas sized music concert venue!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The seating was well spaced and comfortable. Folding chairs nearest the stage, table seating behind the chairs with really neat handmade high top table & chairs in the back. Nice layout for the large crowd. Regular snack bar type foods available. Clean restrooms. The sound was really great being in such a large room. Staff was very professional and friendly. Nice security very visible. Even though this venue seems to be out in the middle of nowhere it's surprisingly wonderful. Try it!

1 Thank P G

Houston
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Aaron Lewis @ Nutty Jerry's”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was our first time to Nutty Jerry's and we were really excited to see Aaron Lewis because of all the good reviews we have seen online. We were not disappointed!!! The venue is a bit rustic/country but that only adds to the charm. We had seats in the fourth row and our view was great! I've read reviews about the long lines for drinks and my hubby and I found a way around that. We saw a nice beer waitress walking around and bought beer from her on our way to our seats. There is no limit on how much you can buy from her at a time so we loaded up and went to our seats and avoided the lines all together. Also to note, if you buy a bucket of beer I heard they charge you a bucket fee so keep that in mind. The restrooms were clean and easy to get to, no lines for me! I also thought the staff was very friendly and helpful. But what made this night out so great was the performer. Aaron Lewis was amazing! His voice sounded so good! He even admits that he's a bit static on stage - definitely not a showy performer but his vocals make up for that! We are definitely going back to see him again the next time he's there!!

Houston, Texas
“"AWESOME VENUE"”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was our first trip out to Nutty Jerry's. We came in from Houston & really didn't know what to expect because of some of the reviews here. First thing people need to understand is this is NOT the Ritz and don't expect it. The lines were long for beer & drinks, but that's par for the course anywhere you see a concert. Sound system was great and so were the staff. We bought VIP table seats and the people complaining about plastic tables & metal chairs must be spoiled and pampered to much. My wife & I will come back for sure..I guess it depends on the attitude you take with you and what your expectations are....AWESOME VENUE!!!!!!!!!!

Bridge City, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great venue for the right act...”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was my first trip to Nutty Jerry's. The location is "out there". I live about 30 miles away so the travel isn't a big deal. I don't think I would want to see a hugely major act there, it's just not the size or type of venue for that. Nutty Jerry's is the right size for the right acts and still gives a "concert feel". We saw BB King on 1\18\14 (I'm looking for the right place to write a review of the concert. I've seen The King several times and will always love his music, but, "the thrill is gone"), and enjoyed the concert set up.
Expect long lines for food and beverages, which is par for just about any concert I've ever attended. The "roaming" beverage girls do help, but have limited selections of beverages in their trays (by the way girls, not trying to be mean, do some situps). I think they could have 20 more beer stands and there would still be lines. The only way to ease the pain of standing in line for 23 min. for a bottled water is to BYOB. That will never happen here and I've only been to a handful of venues that allow it.
I received tickets for General Admission in the bleacher section for a Christmas present (thanks again E&H). Get in line early for good, close to the action seating. The bleachers were comfortable and roomy enough for a prolonged concert, but I would suggest paying a little more for table seats. My back is a little sore from the wooden bleacher seat. My age may attribute to this though.
Over all, our experience was good and we will be returning in the future. I watched the place being built on drive by's and definitely thought whoever was building it was " Nutty", but, I'm very glad it was.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Tim G
“Country Western Style love it”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you want to go to a up scale go to Houston Toyoto or Relient Center.i have been twice and enjoyed myself it is all in what you like and the attitude you take when it comes to enjoyment. Before you purchase tickets they tell you General Admission is standing room. You should not expect anything else. VIP is the floor with tables and chairs. They were very nice and patience with customers being rude because they miisunderstood. One concert I brought to the group canceled and it was no problem getting our money back. So everyone have their own opinion but fond bash the place because you had a bad experience.

Visited January 2014