“Nice hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Winnie
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four nights in this clean and friendly hotel, staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a great base for high island and the gulf coast. Winnie has not got many restaurants but many fast food places, Al Ts is next door. The only gripe here is the minimal grab and go breakfast, buy some from supermarket insread.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at Home Suites some time ago for an extended stay and had occasion to stay again recently. Professional, courteous, staff and upgraded accommodations: new carpets, new flat screen TVs, and fresh paint. Very nice! Good restaurants nearby and an easy drive to beaches and fishing to relax. All for a great rate!

Room Tip: Building is oriented so rooms see the sunrise or the sunset. Sunrise is awesome!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Iligan City, Iligan, Philippines
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Did not sleep well, due to the air conditioner blowing warm air, yes , it was set on cool (64F). To tired to move to another room, open windows, did not help much. Had trouble getting the burners on the stove to work. Some of the lamp switches were tricky, had to jiggle to get them to work. Room had a old worn out feel to it. Might stay there again, when it is cold outside in case the air conditioner is not working.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have found a new halfway point between Laredo and TN! I could not believe the suite we got for the price of a single room. This could be an efficiency apartment, for goodness sakes. Our room was quite comfortable and I appreciated the hall entrance since we came in late in the evening. I called to check on a vacancy and was greeted with a very pleasant and courteous lady who gave me directions and met me up front with a smile. Every one of the staff that we met were of the same attitude, polite and friendly. This was overall an unexpected delightful place to stay and we will be back. You owe it to yourself to check this quaint little place out before you shell out big bucks to the other guys.

Room Tip: We were right up front and heard no traffic whatsoever. very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Weslaco
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our room was very clean, including the carpet, sheets, and bathroom. In addition to the basics, it had a kitchen with a refrigerator and freezer (not a mini-frig), a stove top, kitchen sink, and the basics needed for cooking and eating in the room. There were two tables--one for the kitchen and one for our computer. The motel allowed our dog for an extra fee. The motel has easy access from I-10, but is not so close that you are disturbed by the highway noise. During this trip, we stayed there because we were traveling through this area on the highway. In the past, we have stayed there to go bird watching at High Island, which is a birding hotspot during migration. The quality of the motel has improved over the last few years. I highly recommend the motel to bird watchers or just people who find themselves ready to stop for the night on I-10 near Winnie (between Houston and Beaumont, Texas).

• Liked — Kitchenette
  • Disliked — Cant think of anything
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
NSR-HomeSuites, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you so, so, so very much for taking the time to write us a great review. All of us at the Home Suites work very hard to make our guests as comfortable as possible. We all hope to see you again soon. Meanwhile happy travels.
Bryan, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I love this hotel! I found this place online price shopping coming down to visit family in Winnie, Texas. This cozy little place exceeded my expectations. Granite counters with kitchenettes! Wonderful staff with a smile on their face. Huge laundry mat inside hotel! HBO! Perfect fit for me!
This is the top rated hotel in Winnie Texas for the money!! I give it two thumbs and recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in southeast Texas!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Talan S
Dallas
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I use this place as my headquarter for birding the Texas coast. Neeta is the nicest person and very helpful. The rooms are clean and don't feel cramped. The kitchenettes are perfect for a couple of days (or longer) stay, I can do some cooking in the room. Which is a good thing since Winnie is a tiny place and you don't have that many restaurants to chose from. The place is set back from the busy roads and very quiet, feels safe.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnie
Winnie Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winnie
Motel 6 Winnie
Motel 6 Winnie
#8 of 8 in Winnie

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!