“Amazing Hostess, Charming Room, Delicious Breakfast!”

Clark House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnsboro
Clark House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Winnsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I stayed at the Oaklea while on a business trip to Winnsboro. Norma was so accommodating I could hardly believe I was not her only guest! She called me personally in the morning to wake up, and made me a breakfast at the time that worked best for me. Absolutely the most delicious and beautiful meal I've had in ages - fresh berries, homemade French toast with strawberry syrup, ham, cherry tart, OJ, fresh-brewed coffee...I was stuffed and happy. She even let me borrow some Spray and Wash to spritz in my car after I spilled some coffee in it.
I didn't sleep very well, but that wasn't the hotel's fault - I am pregnant and my hips hurt no matter where I sleep. My room was charming and sophisticated, and the free internet was a fantastic perk, as was the cable TV. The place was as quiet as a mouse, even though I know I wasn't the only traveler staying there that evening. So friendly, so delicious - I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kbilbo
There are newer reviews for Clark House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 5 May 2009

Beautiful home and grounds. Norma was warm and friendly. She was very welcoming and helpful. She gave us suggestions on where to find things and where we could eat. The breakfasts were wonderful and served on beautiful china. This was not like home, this was elegant and an awesome experience.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kayleenia
Reviewed 8 August 2007

Hostess was rude when she could be found and the continental breakfast was terrible. I would never go back here.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Jack C
Reviewed 26 May 2003

We stayed at Oaklea Mansion and Manor House in April, 2003, and everything was terrific. Norma, the owner and proprietress, treated us like family, and made sure that we had everything that we needed. Many of the furnishings are the originals bought with the house, but the house is full of victorian antiques and every guestroom follows a given motif. The grounds are beautiful with interesting and unique settings scattered throughout. We went in April when the azaleas where blooming and they were magnificent. The breakfast was a full course meal and was very delicious. If you like bed and breakfasts, and are in the Northeast Texas area, I highly recommend that you give Oaklea Mansion a try.

7  Thank Cathryn13

Been to Clark House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!