All reviews breakfast room nice room clean rooms hot tub hie
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

My husband booked as the suite at holiday inn for a stay-cation weekend getaway. We were greeted as priority club members and treated very well. The suite was clean, spacious,comfortable bed. Breakfast was well stocked and the lady working kept things clean and stocked. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Everything about this hotel was very nice. Pool and hot tub were good, nice workout facility. There were several places to eat close by, and not far from lubbock. Would definitely return. Seemed like a brand new hotel.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cory C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock Southwest - Wolfforth, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you so much for your positive response on The Holiday Inn Express Lubbock Southwest! I am so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay!! We take these comments very seriously and we will be sharing your positive comments with our staff! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Upon arriving in our requested top floor room we immediately noticed the screaming toddler next door so requested an alternate room. They were full so they placed us in a ground floor room. Right away I noticed barbeque sauce splattered on the table and the wall. I did the best I could with my trusty Lysol wipes and then noticed what appeared to be tire tread black marks on the wall as well. Thought my family might watch a little tv and the remote control didn't work. Gave up on that and went for a bath. Robe hook on door had been broken off. Crawled into bed anticipating a good night's sleep but alas apparently elephants were above us and proceeded to stomp so loud at times it shook our ceiling. After two hours of this, I approached the front desk clerks who were friendly and greeted me with "Good Morning". She said she'd definitely confront the noisy upstairs neighbors. About 45 minutes later, I guess they passed out for the night. My next visit to Texas Tech will not include this Holiday Inn Express.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock Southwest - Wolfforth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear HobieJuan10,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology if we fell below your expectations on this day particularly with the cleanliness of the room and the noise levels.

Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and I hope you will give us the chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is our softball team's go to hotel, it's a quick drive to the fields. We've stayed here multiple times and never had a problem with our group reservations and the staff is always friendly.

Date of stay: May 2012

Thank you so much for your response on The Holiday Inn Hotel and Towers! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided the service that we strive to serve. Feedback is very helpful and I appreciate the time you took to fill out a review! Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had to make a quick trip to Wolffoth, Texas and thought we would have to go to Lubbock to get a room, and we did not want to deal with the loop. But as it would have it we found this Holiday Inn Express to fit our need. We were not expecting much, and has seen the mixed reviews. Our experience was a good one. The heating/cooling unit in the room was a bit confusing to operate or possibly malfunctioning, we thought we had it set for about 70 and woke in the middle of the night to find it at 85. We changed it to cool and lowered the setting and it did cool the room right down. Room was clean and fresh, just what we would expect for this chain. There was a room just across the hall and a door or two down that was very very noisy, and we thought we would have problems sleeping, but once in our room we could not hear anything, so that was great. We were right near the pool, which we did not use, and the floor outside the pool leading down our hall was getting very wet, this could present the facility a problem in the future and I am thinking they need to monitor or provide an outside entrance where one can dry off before heading back to there room. This is a new facility, but I can see it could potentially get "run down" fast if items like this are not addressed.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeMovieGal
Diana H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock Southwest - Wolfforth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

We, at the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock Southwest, would like to thank you for your comments about our hotel and your stay. While we strive to give every guest exceptional service, and it is always a pleasure to hear when we exceed our guests' expectations; it is just as important to us to know when we have not. We want to apologize for the billing issues you experienced during your stay, and let you know that I personally, as the new manager, am working with our staff to correct the situation. Again, we appreciate your comments and hope you will come back and give us another try.