“Nothing to write home about”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Wolfforth
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wolfforth
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have stayed at quite a few holiday inn express locations and I find that if you're looking for a comfortable night's sleep they are quite good. The mattress and pillows are very good. For this particular location all of the fitness equipment was broken and unusable. The pool is also not open very early or very late so if you are looking to exercise this is not the locale you want to stay it. The location is good, but when I asked the hotel staff for nearby restaurants she couldn't name anything except the Pizza Hut right outside. Come to find out there are many nice restaurants just a few minutes away. Check in seemed to confuse the front desk when I asked to move to a room with two doubles instead of a queen. She had to get the manager to help her. Not a bad stay for one night and much cheaper than staying directly in Lubbock.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Diana H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Wolfforth, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock Southwest. All of your concerns will be addressed with our staff. I would like to apologize for any issues that you did encounter. We take your comment very seriously and use them to improve. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you, and if you do choose to stay with us again I would love if you would let me know and I will personally see that you have a pleasant experience. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was in Lubbock on business and I chose this hotel because of its proximity to my meeting location. The staff was very kind to allow me to check in early and my room was clean but smelled like sweaty gym socks. I didn't want to be a bother the staff and didn't ask for a new room. Like other hotels I've visited recently, the walls seemed especially thin. I could hear people next to me and above me which is not good when you're trying to take a little nap before your meeting! The shower pressure was also not as strong as I expect.

The breakfast area was sell stocked and quite tasty--especially the cinnamon rolls. Upon check out, their computer system was down and they asked me to write down my email address so they could send me a receipt. I still haven't received it so I guess I'll have to call...

As I said in the title, it was just ok.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a corner room on the top floor to avoid noises from other rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Wolfforth, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed here in December 2012 and again this past weekend.
We like the location because it is close to all the places we
need or like to go.
Trust me, I am very particular about the motels I stay at !!!
Here the staff is friendly and helpful and the motel is
clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
waxahachi
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stay at IHG properites few times a year sometimes for work or leisure. This hotel had a friendly staff. Had wifi issues at first but they got it fixed. Same basic Breakfast nothing extra. Pool was indoors but extra hot inside pool area it was like a Sauna. Rooms were okay and basic furniture. The good thing is this hotel is in a good area right outside of Lubbock so it makes it easy to get around.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We come from New Mexico for a Drs. appointment every few months and we get our needs every time. The Friendly Gentleman at desk knows we need our handicap 1st floor room every time and meets our needs every stay. We will be back as long as they keep taking care of our rate and handicap room. They even went out of their way to get us our anti-bacterial soap my husband needed before surgery that we had forgotten. Service was great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacey M
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Not the cleanest HIEx that I have stayed in. It was obvious that the cleaning of the room was not complete. Trash in the trash cans, toilet looked liked someone had just used it, barely enough TP to get 1 person through a night's stay, and the floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a few days. The sheets & towels looked dingy & old which left me questioning rather or not the room was "cleaned" or just simply "picked up" between guest. I completed my stay with the impression that the Housekeeping staff either has a very relaxed view of what is & isn't clean or they just don't care about how their job directly effects the stay of their guest.

I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff but the front desk seemed friendly.

The location of the hotel is very conveniently located off HWY 62 & 82nd street making it easy to access southwest Lubbock or hop on the Marsha Sharp Freeway and head towards campus or mid Lubbock.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cory C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Wolfforth, responded to this review, 28 March 2013

Plainview, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This hotel is in a great, out of the way location, but still quick and easy to get anywhere in Lubbock. Very clean. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful with everything. Breakfast was great...eggs, pancakes, biscuits, sausage and bacon along with other yummy things. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karri R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfforth
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West
My Place Hotel - Lubbock, TX
Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Levelland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lubbock
TownePlace Suites Lubbock
TownePlace Suites Lubbock
#39 of 68 in Lubbock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Wolfforth? Share your experiences!