“Nice enough”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Woodway
Los Angeles, California
“Nice enough”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is no frills, but the Fairfield Inn still provides a good stopover, with really comfy beds in the room. Breakfast bar and coffee in the lobby was actually quite decent. Only negative is the shower curtain doesn't reach into the tub.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
WacoFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for staying at the Waco South Fairfield Inn. We value all of our guest feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. Thank you for your kind words. We
look forward to seeing you again.

Mike Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our 15 year old son. The beds were very comfortable and they provided a lot of pillows. The breakfast was good but only had microwave breakfast sandwiches. Overall the stay was fine. We had some trouble with the window unit getting it cool enough but did not ask for help so I cannot fault the management for that problem.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
WacoFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Waco South. We value all of our guests’ feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. Thank you for your kind words!
We look forward to seeing you again.
Mike Ryan
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have stayed at hotels all over the country. I have stayed in hotels that cost roughly 3 times more than this hotel. But I have never experienced the level of genuine care and customer service as I have at this hotel. All the staff were great, but the manager and the asst manager are top notch. They just get it! They even invited me to join in on their yearly Christmas party!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to take advantage of the off-site fitness facility!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate the kind words you said about our hotel. The staff at the Waco South Fairfield Inn work very hard at making all of our guest enjoyable and providing the best customer sevice. We love to hear the feedback from our guest so we know where we can improve on our customer service. I hope to see you the next time you are in the Waco area.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2012

In Waco to accompany my youngest daughter on tour of Baylor University. Booked reservation based on lower price with no expectations of anything special. Wow, was I ever surprised! From the moment we arrived, our stay exceeded all expectations in all respects. Different staff on duty at check-in and departure; all were friendly and they cheerfully accommodated two different special requests. Room was quiet, very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was excellent; more than usual continental offerings. Parking was plentiful and close. I stayed at other higher priced hotels closer to Baylor when my oldest daughter was a student there. Fairfield South is maybe five to ten minutes further from Baylor than those hotels, but it is well-worth the few extra minutes of drive-time. QUALITY at a reasonable price!!! Fairfield South is my new hotel of choice in Waco.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
WacoSales, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Waco South! We are happy to hear that we were able to accomodate both you and your family's needs. We want all of our guests to have a great experience when they stay with us and we want to thank you for sharing yours with the TripAdvisor community! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to visit your daughter at Baylor.
san antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I went with my daughter to check out Baylor University. It is not in the close vicinity of Baylor, but the price below much lower was worth it. I found the front desk staff super friendly and helpful. I personally like being next door to a 7-11 store for small items. The breakfast food was good and plenty of it. The lobby was clean and the carpets appear updated throughout the hotel. It does not have a gym, but guests have access to a gym 2 minutes away. It is close a mall and also a quiet area to be in. Rooms are nicely decorated and overall, I would stay again. The beds are great to sleep on and the towels are not of cheap quality either. My room smelled cleaned.

Room Tip: I asked to be switched, because a family with toddlers arrived right above me. The toddlers were ve...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Txtea11
WacoFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We are pleased that you chose the Waco South Fairfield Inn to stay at while in the Waco area. We are also pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for all the nice things you said about our hotel. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Waco area.
Austin
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I was in Waco for 3 weeks in August/September for business and stayed at the Fairfield South. I was very pleased with my stay. The breakfast was excellent! It was not your traditional continental breakfast. They had breakfast sandwiches, make-them yourself-waffles, fruit, yogurt, pastries, juices and coffee. The staff was excellent! They were very friendly and professional. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable with lots of pillows (if you like that sort of thing), the microwave was a decent size, the refrigerator was bigger than your average hotel fridge and the iron and board were in good working condition. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Waco South Fairfield Inn. From all of us at our hotel I would like to thank you for all the nice things you said about our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay with us . I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Waco area.
richmond, tex
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Our stay was just excellent. Stayed here previously with our son's baseball team and the hotel continues to be excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms seem to be updated and were very clean. Great beds.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodway
Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodway - Waco South
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway
Candlewood Suites Waco
Comfort Suites Waco North

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South? Share your experiences!