Extended Stay America - Waco - Woodway
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsreal estateother hotels in the arearecommend this hotelgreat staffoatmealgreat place to staysarahprojectvalwacogm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Where do I begin?
The Kitchen: There was a cockroach crawling around, the sink sprays water everywhere, one of the pans provided for us was completely ruined, there are stains on the counter tops, and there's food all over the ground.
The beds aren't comfy at all, they are stiff and make a bunch of noise.
The windows will not shut.
The blankets are itchy and had a cigarette burns in it.
I smells like all they did was spray the room, the floor was disgusting.
The building makes a lot of noise.
There aren't a lot of good channels.
This place feels nasty!!
The only good thing I can say about this place is that it has a nice size good working refrigeration.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. .

Room Tip: Go to a Candlewood Suite instead.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SofaKingdirty
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Waco - Woodway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

II would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay at our hotel in Waco Tx. Our goal is to provide each guest with a clean fresh room when they arrive. I am sorry that we failed to accomplish that goal during your stay with us. We will use your feedback as a training tool to teach our staff to look out for things that you mentioned in the review. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

After two nights at this hotel (Waco TEXAS) I noticed that the room is infested with ants! I reported it to the front desk immediately and waited for maintenance for hours. They never showed. I decided to go for a walk and told the front desk that I am still waiting for maintenance and that I wouldn't be in the room. The front desk sent the maintenance guy to the wrong room! When I was coming back from my walk the front desk receptionist was spraying my whole room with bug spray and left me in there with closed windows, no ventilation, and did not at all offer to switch rooms. I decided to open the windows to vent the room for myself-now I can't close the windows. I even tried to step up onto the window sill and hang all my weight onto it-it only budged an inch. AND NOW, I just woke up with a swarm of ants in my bed! They are planning to do a super fumigation of the room when I am out for the day! They are expecting me to come back to this same room after fumigation AGAIN! Poison people much??!
Also, my key card had to be restarted or activated twice already during my second day here! I am furious!
And my first night in, at around 11 PM, I wanted a bottle of water from the vending machines and they were out. The front desk told me that there are several locations around here that I can go to for clean water. This after my 8 hours of travel and exhaustion! I HATE THIS PLACE!
And the tub also has insects coming out the drain. The tub plug constantly falls down and plugs the water during my showers. And I find myself arm wrestling with the nob to turn on the shower head. It is about to fall off. Never Ever Ever would I stay here. I will be taking an half dead ant farm home with me. Thanks!

Room Tip: There are hotels right next door---use them!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BizzyBee227
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Waco - Woodway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your review for our hotel. However, I am very sorry that we did not meet the standards of a fresh room for you. Our job here is to provide each guest a wonderful stay and to enjoy themselves, we will use your feedback as a training guide to help make the insect problem much more easier for the guest.We do have a compnay that comes every month and we can call them at anytime with any other issues. If you would like to talk to myself please feel free to contact me at 254-399-8836

Reviewed 31 December 2012

The bathroom sink was stopped up. The hallway was dirty and smelled like smoke. The room was dirty. The HVAC unit had a noisy, vibrating fan. The bathoom vent was very loud. The clothes bar with only one hanger was on the opposite side of the room from the bathroom. One of the nightstand lights didn't work. The silverware had old food on it. Everything else was fine for a no frills, relatively low-cost hotel.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank westfordjoe
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Waco - Woodway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I do apologize that the room condition was not up to Extended Stay standards. We will take this feedback and re-train the staff to know what to look for before a guest is put in that room. We really care about your stay with us and we want you to have a great experience every single time…Please give us another opportunity to do right by you and come visit us again soon! Should you have anymore concerns you may contact us at wac@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had a project that was being opened in Waco.I attained the booking online.The hotel was in a great location.easy in and out off a main highway in Waco.the outside looked great.I felt very safe here.they are remodeling which is okay for me.My room was very clean .The bathroom was very clean.I would stay here again.The price was extremely low.The person at the front desk was very nice.And vey helpful.

Room Tip: Ask your room to be in the portion of the Hotel that is remodeled.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bowie23
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Waco - Woodway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Waco - Woodway. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Always nice to get a hotel with a kitchen and nice amenities for the price of a basic room and bath type place.

Very clean room, great staff, comfortable bed - could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jojoishere
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review of Extended Stay America Waco - Woodway. We appreciate your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.