Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Woodway
Reviewed 9 August 2008

I have stayed at this property and other Holiday Inn Express hotels several times in the past year. I had noticed that this location was not up to the usual Holiday Inn Express standards but this last stay was awful. I checked out a day early because of how dirty the room was.

The duvet covering had dried egg and fingernail polish on it. The mattress pad had blood stains on it. The whirlpool tub had several different types of hair in it. When I ran the whirlpool tub to try to clean it out, brown and white foamy residue floated to the top and was left after the tub drained. The easy chair had a big white creamy looking stain on the seat. There were brochures from a former guest left in plain sight on top of the TV stand. In other words, it was DISGUSTING.

I brought all of these concerns to the manager, who replied, "I hope this won't influence you from staying with us again" and took no recourse to make things right. Well, it certainly will keep me from staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adventures2008

Reviewed 24 July 2008

I agree with the previous reviewer who said that it is a very clean hotel. The bedding and towels are extremely nice!

I didn't enjoy my sleep as much as I should have, partly due to the loud AC and also because the bed was pretty firm...it seemed soft when I first sat on it, but sleeping on it was a different feeling. (I don't care for firm mattresses at all).

Breakfast was typical HI Express fare...great biscuits and gravy, egg and cheese omlets, and of course, cinnamon rolls.

Breakfast was picked up around 9:30, and we were so glad we'd made it! If you want breakfast, be sure to get there around 9:00 (on weekdays, later on weekends) as that is the time listed in the hotel literature. We looked at it afterwards!

Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2008

I stay in Waco quite often; usually stay at Fairfield Inn for convenience but they were booked so I tried your motel and will continue to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Woodway and never visit Fairfield Inn again. Fairfield can't even come close to you in cleanliness and service. Thank you ... I'll be back. Kaye

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2008

I have stayed at this property several times, including this past weekend (4/12-13). It exceeds expectations for a hotel of this caliber. The room we got was exactly what we reserved, the hotel is relatively new, very clean and well-kept, the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The internet access is fast and easy to use. As mentioned in other reviews, the breakfast includes eggs, bacon and biscuits in addition to the normal continental breakfast, which was appreciated. The Woodway location is south of Waco proper, but it’s an easy 10 minute drive to just about anywhere in Waco. Even though we were attending events in Waco, we liked the quiet location and the quality of the hotel. This is the best price/value option in Waco, all things considered. My only critique would be that the A/C unit is pretty loud. It is very effective but louder than it ought to be.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 6 July 2007

My husband and I spent a weekend in Waco and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This hotel is a bit south of Waco, but it is built in what looks like a very new area. The hotel looked new (I didn't take the time to look up the date it opened). Our room was very nice, very clean and very large with high ceilings. The bed was comfortable and the shower is awesome. We didn't have the continental breakfast, although it is offered.

Overall, if you're willing to drive a few miles south of Waco (less than 10!), it is well worth it to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lojo34
Reviewed 1 January 2007

Very nice, clean hotel. Big, clean rooms, speedy check in, good breakfast. Highly Recommend !!!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled solo
5  Thank txprepfan
Reviewed 8 November 2006

This is a very clean, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel. My room was large, spotless, quiet, and had a very good bed. Excellent air conditioner and shower. My only complaint would be the cheap towels.

Breakfast was typical for HI Express -- cinnamon rolls, pastries, biscuits & gravy, cereal and fruit.

The location is very good, with many restaurants just a few minutes away.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
7  Thank ingleberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodway
Comfort Suites Waco North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodway - Waco South
3 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Near University
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Waco Woodway
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South

Been to Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!