“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!”

Best Western Plus Wylie Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wylie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The customer service here is superb!!! Roland went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed from the time of arrival to the time of departure! He made us feel right at home! We frequently travel and stay at hotels at least 1-2 times a month and that is something I have NEVER experienced before. There was a large group of us from El Paso, TX attending a wedding. Roland made sure we knew how to get around town; made sure there were plenty of breakfast items....he even made sure we had enough seating to sit together for breakfast. Roland always had a smile on his face and was so helpful. I wish there were more people like him in the hotel industry. Honestly…I wish there were more people like him PERIOD!!! I truly felt at home and it was all thanks to Roland's customer service!!! Thank you Roland!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful response. We want everyone to feel at home while they are here. It is great to hear you had a nice stay. I will certainly pass this on to the entire staff. Roland is a wonderful employee and I agree life would be easier if we had more people like him. Thank you for your comment. He does enjoy his job and it shows! We look forward to seeing you and your family next time you are in town. If you let me know when you will be arriving I will schedule Roland.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel is always nice and clean and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. We have used the conference rooms for family functions and are always pleased with the results.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Cathy

Thank you for the response on tripadvisor in regards to your stay with us. We appreciate your high marks and I will pass along to the staff. I was happy to see that "everyone goes above and beyond." Also glad that you are pleased with our conference rooms. We look forward to your next visit to Wylie!

Dellyn L
972-429-1771

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Being a past resident of Wylie from the years 1994-97 it was great to find a superior motel in what used to be a small community. It was great to see the growth of Wylie, they even have a Starbucks now!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear you had a chance to visit Wylie. We have grown since the late 90s. The Starbucks is a great addition. Did you also know we have a movie theater. B&B Movies, it has one of the largest movie screens in the country. We hope you get a chance to come back and stay in Wylie again soon. There are lots of new and fun things to do here in the city.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

On business, I stayed at this hotel. Very clean and modern. Room was clean and well decorated. Bathroom was spotless. The breakfast was not the best. The selections were minimal, yet what food they had was very good. The surprise of this hotel is the front desk people. I was met with a friendly smile and someone who appeared to be glad to see me. She helped me with all of my needs and gave me a gift basket with granola bars and water. I wish I had a need to go back to Wylie. Best hotel for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pilot7700
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Best Western Plus Wylie. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that you received such accommodating service during your stay-this is something we strive to provide for our guests. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Wylie again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I was visiting family in Wylie, so not very many places to choose from. The staff was not friendly at all. They need to be trained on politeness. Especially to travelers who are already tired from traveling. I have traveled a lot and never been treated the way I was at this hotel. I Stayed two nights. I had stayed here a couple years ago and was very pleased. The rooms have not changed a bit from previous stay, except they are becoming run down. The desk chair arm needed repaired, the toliet did not work properly. General maint. and it would be fine.

The worst part of my stay was that the day after I arrived my room was not cleaned. The bed was not made, the towels left behind on the floor were still on the floor and no clean towels available. I went to the front desk and was given towels. When I asked for wash clothes, I was given a hand towel that had been torn in half. I asked if there was not wash clothes availabe and I was told no this was the best that could be done for me. I asked to speak to somone in charge and was told that I would have to do that over the internet.

The walls are very thin and had trouble sleeping the second night due to noise.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gene F
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
I know this is not an excuse, we have a new employee that obviously needs more training. This would have been my fault for lack of training. He should not have given you anything torn in half. We have plenty of fresh wash clothes. He will not work by himself until further training has been done.
The reports said the room was clean, I will speak with housekeeping regarding their reports being wrong and items being turned in to maintenance for repair.
Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 75% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.
Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 972-429-1771.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Thin walls made sleep quality VERY poor. Two of the four couples in our group moved to different rooms. Staff was very accommodating and hotel very clean and nice, but you could hear the man next door snoring. If the noise had not been a problem we would have given it a 5 rating.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good night sleep. If you are back in the area please call me directly to set up your reservation. I will reserve you a quite room, away from other rooms. Of course I can not guarantee no noise, however some of our rooms are more quite than others. We hope to see you back again soon.
972-429-1771

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Hotel was the nearest for a Christmas family visit. The place was modern and clean. We didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on it. The clerks were pleasant enough but there seemed to be a lack of attention to detail. If the people simply paid attention and were empowered this could be an excellent hotel.

For example, when I made my reservation, I telephoned directly to the hotel. I spoke to a pleasant enough person, but she quoted a rate that was $10 higher than the online rate. Instead of offering to match it, she said that the online rate was inconvenient, you couldn't make changes once it was booked and the card would be charged immediately upon reservation. So I booked with the online BW service. It turns out that none of what she told me was true as I had to cancel my reservation and re book due to weather. Best Western national reservations did it all by telephone, pleasantly and professionally- no charge, no fuss. When we did check into the hotel, I casually asked if our staying a second night would pose a problem. The girl checking us in really hesitated and implied that she couldn't really tell us. So we didn't stay the extra night. In my 30+ years of traveling all over the USA, Europe and other parts of the world, the ONLY time a hotel had problems with an extra day was when they were overbooked- this is understandable. This hotel only had about ten cars in the parking lot. It looked to me that their occupancy rate was pretty low and they threw away a potential room rental. As my wife is somewhat handicapped, I put a remark/request in my online reservation- "Wife has impaired mobility". The service doesn't guarantee that the request will be fulfilled. I am glad that they made the disclaimer because even though the hotel occupancy was low that evening, our room was the absolute farthest room from the elevator! Maybe the help doesn't read or maybe they don't understand the word "impaired".

The moral of the story- property is fine, maybe even above average. People need some training as to how to handle customers correctly. Maybe management doesn't empower them, I do not know. Just be aware. And, make your reservation on-line as you get fairer pricing!

We would consider staying again as it is the only game in town and probably personnel will turn over anyway.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, which I have shared with our staff. I will address the problems you encountered. I do apologize, I believe some was a misunderstanding. Our front desk quoted you our rate. It looks like when you booked the reservation the second time you received the Senior/AARP rate (10% off). We do have that here at the property also. There is also a rate online that you can prepay in advance with no cancellation that will give you an even lower rate(15-20% off). This was the rate they would have been referring too. Any time a guest has an AARP or AAA card it is 10% off. However we do not offer this unless the guest let us know they qualify or when they check in and we see they have one of the cards or a senior ID. I will make sure the front desk knows to be more clear and give details in the future.
We have 51 rooms at our hotel, on the Friday night you had requested to stay over we sold 47 of these. All we had left when you had asked were on the smoking floor. If she did not offer one of these to you I apologize. We value all of our guest, the more nights the better. In regards to you needing a room closer to the entrance. We had a construction group in who has most of our two queen non-smoking rooms. We had two left both on the second floor at the end of the hall. We do have accessible rooms available in a king or two queens. If you reserve this room type you will be near an entrance.
I do hope you enjoyed your stay and next time you are coming to town you may call me directly and I will reserve you the best room at the best rate we have. 972-429-1771
Dellyn Lohmar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wylie
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#5 of 17 in Garland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area

Been to Best Western Plus Wylie Inn? Share your experiences!