“Seriously!”

Motel 6 Beaver
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Beaver
“Seriously!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Waited a while for front desk person to appear - no bell or anything. The horrible carpets I've now read about have been replaced with nice hard wood floor BUT it makes it so loud that we got three noise complaints from our 15 month old bouncing in his crib. They finally moved us to the first floor per my request (at around 9:00 and other kids almost asleep) where we got a broken bed, pubic hair in the tub etc.... Looks like they are trying to make improvements but apparently don't know how to clean or run a hotel..

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Absolutely the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed in. I drive cross country frequently and stay at Motel 6's because of my dog. Generally they are clean and well maintained, no frills. But this one! OMG. Smelly, worthless WiFi unless you are near the front desk, icky carpets, junky construction stuff thrown in back of the motel, and as for the pool, I wouldn't get near it. Avoid this place!! Really, the Motel 6 chain should be ashamed to have their name associated with this place.

Room Tip: Don't even bother stopping. Move on to the next town if nothing else is available in Beaver.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Beaver, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Bagunsa
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Beaver hotels

San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

It was late and we had been driving a while, so we exited into Beaver Utah to find a room. Sadly the Best Western and the Days Inn had no rooms available. So we figured we would try either the super 8 or the motel 6. We knew they both were budget motels, but motel 6 had a typical name, you always knew what you would get. Well with this place nothing and I mean nothing could have prepared my husband and I for this filthy, nasty, smelly and down right horrible on so many levels type of motel. The owners are Indians, I don't know if they are running the motel like what they are accustomed to in India or they just don't care. We stayed only one, and that was painful enough. The room stunk, the carpet was dirty and had black stains on it. There was dried blood on the shower tub, so we weren't able to take showers in the morning, not that we would have, after the condition of the rest of room. And the noise, all night long, the walls and room door are paper thin. You could hear several pins drop during the night. Pay more it isn't worth it, to stay at this joint. If nothing else is available in town, get back on the freeway and drive to Cedar City, your wallet, and your eyes will be grateful to you for it!

Room Tip: Avoid it, it isn't worth it!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint George, Utah, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

stay was only an hour long, front desk clerk wasnt there when I showed up. I waited for five min until was able to get a room. The room was extrmly under cared for. The pool was under cleaning or just not being used. After finding hair in beds, and bugs in shower, I asked for a refund which was like pulling teeth, and proceeded to the Country Inn accrossed the street whcich was family owned and they actually cared about us and our stay. Would never stay at a Motel SICK again.

Room Tip: Look for the older family owned places the are much nicer than you would think and the prices are ve...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Is Land S
Las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

This is what I imagine prison would be like. The room was filthy with bodily fluids and hair that had not been cleaned up from the prior occupant(s). The room had a bad odor and was falling apart. There were portions of the wall paper and base boards that were missing. The sheet did not cover the mattress which was covered with stains. My wife, in a panic, called every conceivable hotel within 100 miles but there were no vacancies. We considered living out of our car at the park but local regulations precluded it. Not only would I not stay in this location again, this experience will keep me from staying in any Rodeway Inn.

P.S. Don't even get me started on the pool.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ckjones
Glen Burnie, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

It's not the worst hotel in Beaver, but the Sleepy Lagoon did kind of fall down, so I don't know if it counts anymore. The rooms are decent enough for a cheap hotel, but it's seriously lacking in most everything else. Pool was down for maintenance, as was the spa, the continental breakfast consists of coffee and Wonder Bread (seriously, not even a bagel?), and the bedrooms didn't even come with stationery. The one plus of this place is that they do have Internet, which I am using right now.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Pooooooooooooooop
Salt Lake City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

We were going to drive all the way home, but my son was sick. He had been puking, so we just needed to stop. We had stayed in Beaver at the Best Western before and that was our plan. The Best Western was sold out for the night. So we just made our way across the street to the Rodeway Inn. The staff was friendly. The place was just old and rundown. The walls needed to be painted, the toilet paper was terrible, the beds were hard. We just had to make do until morning.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family