“Hit and miss”

Description: It just opened December 2009
Orange County, california
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We have visited Brian Head 4 times during the Christmas holidays. Each time we have had dinner at Mi Pueblo. The first time was great, second was good, third was ok and our last was ok for half our group and gross for the other half. The service has always been very slow. There is very little to choose from in the way of restaurants in the area so I am hoping they can turn things around.

• Visited January 2014

Middlebury, Vermont
“Not so great”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We ordered nachos and an avocado salad to go. The nachos were very heavy, greasy and unattractive. The salad was iceberg lettuce with a few pieces of avocado and several cherry tomatoes. In this day and age of customers really wanting fresh ingredients that are nutritious and delicious, this restaurant falls short. I did hear that their chili verde was good though on the upside. Didn't try it though.

• Visited February 2014
San Diego, California
“Not as bad as people say”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from Brian Head and ate at Mi Pueblo and glad I didn't read the other reviews before we went. Our meal honestly, was not that bad. We live in San Diego and eat at some excellent Mexican restaurants and so to compare, Mi Pueblo was ok. My margarita was delicious. The chips were really greasy but the salsa(homemade was yummy). I had chicken enchilada which was small size but good, but the salsa verde not very good so I added some red enchilada sauce to help. Others in our party had burritos and they all said they were good. The refried beans are pretty strange tasting, never had any like these, so I skipped them. Our waitress was very nice and service was quick and good. I think that some of the other reviews have been pretty harsh. When we go back to Brian Head, we would probably visit this restaurant again, although it would not be our first choice. Good luck

Visited February 2014
Henderson, Nevada
“Fermented Road Kill”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Holy crap!!!! Not even sure where to start. My wife and I love Mexican Food and especially when we're vacationing. So, when we were driving through Brian Head, UT we saw Mi Pueblo Fine Mexican Cuisine and had to stop. Worst decision we have ever made.

We missed the first sign of terrible restaurant, which should have been noticed by the empty parking lot (that should be a clue to most). When we entered the restaurant we noticed we could see our breaths (another clue). Due to the arctic front we just walked into we we asked if we could be seated by the fireplace, which to my surprise was not burning. We also noticed we were the only ones in the restaurant. We'll except the gentleman (cook) who was changing light bulbs. I guess this would be another clue if I was observant.

Our waitress quickly brought us chips and salsa, which tasted average. The waitress took our orders quickly, which was a good thing because I was showing signs of hypothermia. My wife ordered the Chili Verde (Pork) and I ordered the Carnitas Plate (Steak). We got our drinks, which were surprisingly good.

While waiting for our food a party of three came in and sat next to us. A short time later we got our food and that's when it hit me "Road kill on a plate!!" First thing was we got two Carnitas Plates. I guess my wife's order of Chili Verde wasn't important. I usually wait a couple minutes before starting to eat because most Mexican plates are extremely hot. However, this time I still had ice chunks in my dinner. My normally thick beans appeared to be floating in water. My steak, or should I say gristle and intestines had some kind of thick sauce around it. The rice/mouse crap was stuck together like it was washed in starch. My first bite was less than disgusting.

The food was cold, which I sent back to be warmed up. My wife couldn't eat hers out of disgust, so she ordered a bowl of soup. I got my food back and it was hot this time. My wife got her soup, which she turned away after one bite. I tried to eat my food, but after a couple bites I stopped because the food tasted rotten. I asked for my bill, which was $36.00, and my wife and I walked out of the restaurant feeling like we were going to be sick.

This is only the second restaurant I have walked out of without eating my meal. If you value your health do not eat here. If you enjoy bubble guts and Pepto Bismol this might be your spot.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Alan N
Burbank, California
“watery food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This place has gone downhill. I ordered a simple taco salad. The lettuce was crisp but maybe they've never heard of a salad spinner or they don't drain their beans, because once I shoved the lettuce around I found a watery bean and crumbly meat mixture. The texture was unappetizing and it really could have doubled as soup. Lack of flavor and just pitiful.

Visited January 2014