“continued cross country trip”

Grand Lodge at Brian Head
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brian Head
Linden NC
“continued cross country trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Amazing hotel location great for all seasons ,we liked the proximity to both Zion and Bryce nNational Parks but not for those wanting to be in the thick of it.The hotel has a spa bar and restaurant. We ate at the bar good bar food but if busy takes a bit of time.The restaurant it fortunate to have a great chefBrandon who took the time to speak to us I recommend the Chicken curry mild and very flavorful.
The rooms are nice but get one above 307 due to stairs that make it difficult if you bring your luggage on a cart.

Room Tip: ask not to be in room on the third floor below the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mitch H, General Manager at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our fine hotel. We are very proud of our establishment and the beautiful surroundings. While we are not right at either of the nearby national parks, we do have Cedar Breaks National Monument within minutes of the hotel-notably, the drive over Hwy 143 to Hwy 89 in Panguitch is some of the best scenery anywhere. But truthfully, we are a little over an hour to either Bryce or Zion.
I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our food, although I am sorry to hear that the service was not as quick as you had expected. We work hard to make sure that our guests' experiences measure up to their expectations.
Our building's layout is in some spots a little challenging. We try to not use the rooms beyond the stairs unless we absolutely need to. We should have offered to assist you with your luggage-I really am sorry that we did not.
Once again, we appreciate the feedback that you have provided, it gives us reinforcement to what we are doing well and motivation to improve. I hope that we have another opportunity to ha ve you as our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the Grand Lodge last fall on a meandering trip from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City and could not have been more pleased and impressed with the accommodations. The room we stayed in was immaculate, quiet and very spacious. The meals were excellent and prepared exactly as we asked. The hotel staff, while checking on our needs, were never intrusive or over-bearing. Perfect is a strong word and one I seldom use. Our stay at the Grand Lodge was nothing short of perfect. We have stayed at Brian Head at least 10-20 times over the last 35 years during the non-ski season and have always loved it, however, our stay at the Grand Lodge was hands down the best.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Craig F
Mitch H, General Manager at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for the encouraging and positive feedback. Collectively, we really are motivated when we have guests give us feedback like you did. We are lucky to draw our staff from an area that just seems to understand about hospitality. This desire and ability comes from somewhere within and generally is not easy to teach. It was also nice to hear of your frequent visits to our spectacular area for reasons other than skiing-there really is more to do up here in the spring, summer and fall than in the winter.
We hope to have you as our guest again before the snow flies. Please stop by the front desk and ask for me as I would like to meet you.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We love Brian Head. We stayed at the Grand Lodge for the first time and couldn't have been happier. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The views are outstanding. The hotel has a nice little convenience store available. There are a couple restaurants on site, one being The Lift which had a great outdoor patio. The pool was nice and there is also an outdoor jacuzzi. You'll also find a nice fitness room.

• Stayed August 2014
Mitch H, General Manager at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We really appreciate your kind review. Your feed back gives us valuable reinforcement that our efforts are recognized and appreciated. As you can attest, we are located in some of the most spectacular scenery anywhere, and we really feel lucky to be able to work here.
Again, thanks for your very positive comments, we are happy that all went well for you during your recent visit.
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here in Feb 2014 for a ski vacation, the room was spacious and clean. This was our first time in Brianhead so we were not really sure about the area and this is really the only hotel around. The hot tub was great after a day spent on the slopes. The first night was great, quiet and slept great. The second night people partied on the outdoor patio until 2am and also they were lighting off fireworks from the deck and idiot parents let their bratty kids run up and down the hallways. Called down to the desk several times to get them to do something about but but was met with indifference. We never fell back to sleep until 4am. Next day spoke with the hotel manager, can't remember his name but he was not helpful at all. Really rude and non-apologentic. We won't be staying here again but instead will rent a condo next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mitch H, General Manager at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay last winter. I am so sorry that your experience was not completely relaxing and satisfying. We try to succeed with each and every guest and it bothers us personally when we fail. I remember that crazy night back in February as our desk person had called the town Marshal to respond but when they came by, there weren't any perpetrators around. I am sorry that I do not remember speaking with you, as I was and still am the general manager for the hotel. If my mind fails me, it is possible. I am disappointed in myself if I actually spoke with you or your party and did not resolve things to your liking. At that time, we were an affiliate of Hilton, as a DoubleTree hotel. I am not sure if this incident was reported to their guest assistance department for resolution and we no longer have access to their records. I am sorry that you feel that you will seek accommodations elsewhere on your next visit to Brian Head. I would welcome the opportunity to demonstate that your experience was an exception, and not the rule.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is awesome ! The room is very big and beautiful ! The mountains all around are fabulous ! The pool is great and there is a nice jacuzzi outside !! There is a fire on the terrace, next to the bar. LOVE IT!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Minusculucile
Mitch H, General Manager at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I cannot express to you how much your kind words mean to us. Collectively, we are working to deliver a level of hospitality that will get noticed and appreciated. We have a fantastic facility and each one of us is proud to be a part of this great hotel. Our surroundings are among the best, anywhere-from scenery to weather.
Again, thank you sincerely for your favorable comments, it really does help us, in many ways.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Grand Lodge in Brian Head in July. At an elevation of almost 10,000 feet, we enjoyed wonderfully cool mountain air. Take into account that the elevation might take a toll on you the first day you are there. I normally live at an elevation of 4500 feet and even I was surprised by the adjustment I had to make. I experienced a little shortness of breath and lightheadedness with fatigue the first 12-24 hours I was there, but I adjusted well after that. I found the hotel to be very comfortable, we had a suite. We stayed there four nights. Every person I met who worked there was friendly and helpful. The guy who check us in was wonderful. Brian Head itself is a VERY small little town and we had no cell service while we were there, but I would definitely go back. I swam in the pool and used the exercise room several times. They were adequate, nothing spectacular. Cedar Breaks National Monument is six miles away. We went twice and loved it. Bryce Canyon is about 1 hour and 25 minutes away. The ride between Brian Head and Bryce Canyon along Route 143 in July is perhaps the prettiest drive I have taken in all of Utah. The meadows, wild flowers, and green surroundings were truly breathtaking.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the suite. It had two TV's, a separate bedroom, a nice bathroom (no tub), a m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mitch H, General Manager at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks for your review of your recent stay at our great hotel in Brian Head. We try to create an atmosphere of hospitality that matches the quality of our great property. Our staff always likes to hear about people that have a great experience, it reinforces our efforts and makes everyone feel like their efforts are noticed.
Thanks for the commentary about our spectacular scenery and cool weather-but it is nice to inform potential guests about our elevation. It really can require a day or so to get used to the thin air.
Once again, thanks for your kind words, we hope to have you visit again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

very nice property ( the best in Brianhead) some issues that I could overlook because I realize staffing can't be easy for them with the nearest town of any real size 30 miles away.( try employee housing as an incentive to get more staff) The front desk clerk at check in could not take time away from texting on her phone to be very helpful, ( Acelynn?) But Joey was extremely courteous as were the restaurant and bar staff. Kelly? in The Lift bar was great! I didnt get the bartenders name, but great as well. The steakhouse food was very good and the waitress was very nice and attentive. (Too bad shes leaving...) / room service trays were left in the hallway our entire stay-weird because Acelynn told us there was no room service. Overall... I'm going to give this hotel another chance-provided Mitch gives me the AAA discount he promised to credit back to my account- still waiting...
But the room and the amenities and the property and the surrounding area and the Manager Mitch were all the things that make us happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: third floor rooms at far end of hallway are not accessible with the bellmans cart. Odd set of stairs...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank paul b
Mitch H, General Manager at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank You for your comments regarding your recent stay. It does sound as if overall we did a decent job of providing the hospitality for which we are striving. I am sorry that we had a staff member who evidently forgot temporarily what our goals are-Our guests are and should be our top priority, especially if they are standing before us, as you were.
Your observation about staffing challenges is dead on, but this is our problem, not yours. We do however, appreciate your empathy. Room service is one of those staffing-level challenges that we are trying to overcome. We always try to accommodate our guests wishes and delivering or at least preparing a tray that can be taken to one's room is an expectation-rightfully so. I apologize that you were just told that we do not offer this service.
Regarding your rate of charges for your stay, I want to make sure that I do whatever it is I had promised, I must be suffering from my advancing years. Please contact me directly in the event that I am unable to get in touch with you. I want to make sure that you do not fall through any cracks.
Please also, contact me directly to resolve any issues that may remain and to personally arrange for your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brian Head
#1 of 22 in Cedar City
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar City

Been to Grand Lodge at Brian Head? Share your experiences!